Esteemed Contributor

Re: Q2 Spurtle Big Deal Yay or Nay?

I have silicone spatulas about the same size as those and I do use them a lot!  I've had mine for years.  Don't know if they would be available now.  If you don't have something similar, Yay!

Valued Contributor

I have had mine for a couple of years, use them all the time and really like them. I love it that I can just grab one and it will do almost anything I need. I use a lot of Le Crueset, a little nonstick and my All Clad. No scratches, great mixing and a lightweight tool. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@IMissSuperPokeI love my spurtles.  They are much more ergonomic than wooden spoons that have thin handles and break easily.  I use mine for mixing pancakes, brownie mixes, roux mixing, scrambled eggs, glazes and I could go on and on.  The tray to set one in when using it is also something I like.  No more inefficient wooden spoons for me!  I had one that was my SO's grandmother's and used it a lot.  The shape fits a pan better where a spoon misses the edges.

Super Contributor

I have 2 sets, so I have 3 longer and 2 shorter Spurtles, one of each being slotted. Depending on just what I am stirring, mixing, or cooking a Spurtle is the utensil I reach for first. They are sturdy, easy to handle and simply get the job done !!

Life is tough, but I am tougher!!