Valued Contributor

I liked the look of the Q2 twisted hoop earring...until I saw them on the model and the host. Is it just me, or do these stick out funny for an oval hoop?

Esteemed Contributor

Q is redoing some very popular old style earrings.  It has been my experience that they many of the earrings  lay very odd on the ear and some of the post ends dig in the ear.  My Silver bonanza purchase pair was actually defective. The post was so thick it made the catch stretch out and made my piecing thicker.

OUCH

pix 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Q used to have some really nice jewelry, but a lot of what I seen now is just so cheap, it just doesn't look right, feel righ or lay right. 

Frustrating and sad.

Honored Contributor

I have these earrings in 18k purchased from QVC probably 20 years ago.  I wear them almost every day.  With the snap-bar closure they should hang correctly,   There's a bit of a curve in the bar to help balance it.  

I love mine,   Best purchase I ever made.   I probably paid $100 for mine back when.  Mine are yellow gold, I'm tempted to buy these 14k earrings in white gold.    You can't go wrong.

@Quse

Honored Contributor

Hoops sit differently on different people. Sometimes hoops look like they are sitting sideways and other times they sit head on. Just depends on the person's lobes and the way they were pierced.

Valued Contributor

@hopi wrote:

Q is redoing some very popular old style earrings.  It has been my experience that they many of the earrings  lay very odd on the ear and some of the post ends dig in the ear.  My Silver bonanza purchase pair was actually defective. The post was so thick it made the catch stretch out and made my piecing thicker.

OUCH

pix 

@hopi I've noticed that too and what I was thinking looking at them. They stick out too far in the front and oddly for an oval...and on more than 1 person, so I'm guessing it's the  way they're made