Occasional Contributor

Q Needs New Products

[ Edited ]

QVC needs to get out and find new items to sell.  It seems that every week, it's the same old, same old. Vionic, Vitamix, Temp-rations, laptops, Logo, Graver, Philosophy, IT Cosmetics,Wen, Clark's, Sleep Number and on and on.  The powers that be need to get on the stick and start searching for new products.  I can't believe they let things go, such as crafting, NFL team shop, NASCAR, and so many other vendors that have gone to Evine and HSN.  Someone at Q is fast asleep at the wheel. 

Respected Contributor

I could not agree more. I wrote in another post somewhere else that the repetitive nature of the same old products is a real turnoff. I just don't watch. It's a shame because I used to enjoy watching QVC when I first quit work about 10 years ago. I remember when I would look forward  to what the today special value might be. That seems silly now because it's rarely  interesting anymore. Someone has put the QVC lineup on automatic, and it just keeps going round and round with the same ol' stuff. Some of it, like temptations, wasn't good to begin with--such woefully dated designs. Yuk. The only thing I get excited about is the rare Dooney tsv; when it's a good bag, I may buy several colors. But in the last year, only one of the Dooney tsvs, the Brenna bag, has been to my liking. Now I own five of them. Show me something good, QVC, and I will buy. Just preordered a new Dooney florentine bag direct from Dooney, though. I looked, and it was not on QVC site. I tried! Quality gas gone down, down, down. Remember the excellent line of leather and suede coats and jackets? I can't recall the designer's name without looking in my closet, but I have at least four of his coats, all from QVC several years ago and still great. They let him go, and nothing of that quality replaced him. Denim and Company is a big disappointment now, with tacky designs and low quality of fabrics. Sad.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Q Needs New Products

[ Edited ]

Although I completely agree with you, it's all about the bottom dollar. At the end of the day they must make more money selling the same old stuff over and over again or they wouldn't do it. I miss the old QVC and seldom watch any more.

Trusted Contributor

Yes, something has happened with that company.  Not sure if the downturn on retail sales has been a part of the problem, but surely something is going on that is not good.

Esteemed Contributor

QVC's glory days are way behind them. Lots of hour long and two hour long telemarketing type shows these days. Probably a combination of several reasons but whatever they are I don't personally care, more money staying put in my pocket than back in the good old days when every day QVC was fresh and fun and filled with new and interesting stuff to look forward to. There are still some good shows with nice products but for me more and more it's becoming a big yawn fest. Today is good example with the pillow, OMG it's just a pillow, they go on and on and on......you'd think they were selling a cure for some disease.

Esteemed Contributor

I do love the mix of products on HSN.  Things you might not see elsewhere.  Not always brand names or real expensive.  Just things that might make life a little easier or more fun.

Keepin' it real.
Occasional Contributor

HSN, to me, used to be the Costco of TV shopping, but no more.  They far outpace Q in every category.  I don't know if Q only wants products where they get a bigger cut, but it seems the only want their own in house merchandise.  Whether you like their fashions or not, HSN has more celebrity designers that have far more diversity. And Q has let too many designers go, in favor of their in house stuff like Graver (used to like her clothes, but she's got too much liquid knit which I despise), Logo and Denim.  Plus, agree or not, the hosts Q have now are just bad. There are certain hosts that when they're on, it's an automatic turn off the channel.  

I know some have said its all about the money, but how many sleep number beds does one need?  Laptops? Gallons of Wen (yuck)?  Bottles of Philosophy?  Vionic shoes?  Clarks?  Tempt-tations?   I just don't see how they can sell the same stuff week after week and make big profits?  

Respected Contributor

Hello, darcie and welcome. Smiley Happy

If it helps, Nick Chavez will be on July / Tuesday 26 / 2016 for a Today's Special Value. And even though the TSV itself won't be new, I heard that Nick will be bringing some new products to QVC.

One is called Diva Hollywood Starlet Spray and the other Diva Showtime Weightless Pomade.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder