Respected Contributor

Re: Prive Revaux MIDNIGHT presentation- Who is that girl?

[ Edited ]

@BrandiDavis wrote:

@meem120  @PINKdogWOOD  Do you mind if I ask where do you get the lenses made?? If I bought a pair of the Prive Reveaux glasses I wouldn't even know where to begin to get the correct fit on lenses?

I always have ordered my glasses from Zenni, have since 2008 before they even became popular so to speak. They are super cheap, great quality and I've never had a bad experience. I've ordered probably 20 pairs over the years. The MOST I've ever paid for a pair of prescription glasses is $30. That was also with anti-reflective coating and shipping. Oh, and my prescription is -3.25 in both eyes. 

But, I would like to know as I said where you go to get just lenses made for a frame?

Thanks!!

Can you also get progressive lenses from Zenni? I know they would cost more.

Honored Contributor

@BrandiDavis   I have my glasses made at Lens Crafters. You'd be surprised at how easy it is to pop out old lenses, new ones made and then have the new ones popped in. I've used old frames for new lenses because I kept older ones that I really liked.

Respected Contributor

@BrandiDavis 

When I go to my Dr for a new prescriptions, I just tell them I have my own frames and I give it to them to put the lens in.  Ive done it for years, especially with my sunglasses. Theyve never given me a problem.  I dont believe that would be possible to do with Zenni

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BrandiDavis wrote:

I actually caught a glimpse of the opening show of the TSV and she just seemed like she was beyond bored and she couldn't have cared less about being there. 

I guess some people though will buy the glasses just because she was standing there. LOL Makes no sense, but obviously people do or she wouldn't of been there. 

I heard they sold 100K pairs of those glasses! Crazy. I don't wear them, b/c I have to wear eyeglasses (near-sighted) but I will say the price was good and they seem like good quality. 

I've never understood the whole celebrity thing with products. Who cares if Oprah or whoever uses something. It doesn't make that item any better. Some people I just don't understand. 

@BrandiDavis 

ITA about the whole celebrity thing, dont give a darn what they think or wear. ....I do wear readers and after having purchased many brands and had the frames break rather quickly, I decided to buy a pair of Prive Revaux and give that brand a try. I must say I am pleased with the quality of both the lenses and the frames...and the price was right too....

Havent tried their sunglasses....I have Lori 

Greiner's fold up ones which I love because of the fold up feature they fit easily in my handbags.....Im sticking with those...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”