Trusted Contributor

@Bhvbum wrote:

I bought the original fit over sunglasses from QVC that are excellent because they are Polaroid.

But they are just so bulky that I have them in my glove compartment to use only if I have forgotten my prescription sunglasses.  And after looking at these I would hate to think that I would have to wear them for any extended period of time.

If you are careful a good pair of prescription sunglasses will last for years and years, my pair is at least 20 years old.

I can understand them lasting that long if your RX doesn't change. Wouldn't do me any good as my RX changes all the time!

Frequent Contributor

No.  I've purchase Prive Revaux through QVC and the brand official website.  The glasses are cheaply made and this particular TSV looks bulky.  The Q homepage picture

clearly shows the underneath glasses through the Fit-over lens.  Not right.

Frequent Contributor

Because my prescription sunglasses were worn out, I bought a different brand of fitover sunglasses from QVC last year and they have been great.  So easy to just plop them over the glasses and they haven't felt too heavy or bulky to me.    I even use them as regular sunglasses, so I am glad I bought them. 

Janet in Georgia
Honored Contributor

@Travone wrote:

I like Prive Revaux and I do have some fitovers for driving.  But I don't like the TSV.  I dislike the colors and when you look at the picture on the TSV page you can see the glasses through the lenses.  A big no-no.

I usually buy Prive Revaux through their own website...they have sales and free shipping quite often

@Travone Makes a good point!  The fitovers that I got a few years ago are opaque and you can't see the glasses that I have on under them...makes them more attractive and better sun protection too.

Regular Contributor

I have looked and looked at this brand of glasses and cannot find a pair I would wear. Without exception they are ugley and unflattering.  My husband and I were watching the presentation and the brand ambassador looked like she was wearing clown glasses no matter which style she had on. I don't know if her head is unusually small because they looked normal size on Jayne Brown.  I would not buy any glasses without spring hinges either and none of the brand have that.  The TSV looked like cheap plastic kids toy.

Super Contributor

I wish PR would offer progressive sunglasses.  Not readers; I don't need strength on the entire lens, just at the bottom.

They do have a pair of progressive glasses, but I need that in sunglasses.  Would love something like that with a mirrored lens!  

I like some of their frame styles and colors.

Esteemed Contributor

@Eileen in Virginia wrote:

@SurferWife wrote:

Yes?  No?  Why or why not?  I decided against the last Prive Revaux TSV, but I love the thought of a fit-over.  Please share your thoughts!

@SurferWife I've worn fit overs for at least 10 years, as the price of prescription sunglasses became prohibitively expensive with my prescription, which seems to change every time I get my eyes examined.

I bought a pair of Prive Riveaux fit overs from QVC a few months ago and have been very happy with them for the following reasons:
*I think they're better at screening out glare than my other fit overs (which weren't bad).

*They seem more substantial than my others, but they aren't heavy.

*The style's big enough to fit over just about any size eyeglass frame. 

*They're very comfortable, both on your face and on top of your head. 
*They're much less expensive than the other name brands of fit overs.

I pre-purchased the current TSV in purple the other day because I like the ones I have so much that I wanted to have a spare pair. The only thing I don't like about them is that they don't fit in my Vera Bradley clam shell glass case. Oh well! 

@Eileen in Virginia @SurferWife  I need new prescription glasses and frames and right now don't want to have to buy new sunglasses too.  I have used this brand before and have been very happy with them.  I like large sunglasses so these should work great for me.

Honored Contributor
I buy my fit overs from Amazon- colors and patterns (and prices) I like. I was tempted by the red PRs, but the whole celebrity stuff was such a turnoff.

Valued Contributor
@ALRATIBA I know, right!!! Jamie Fox is ok but that Ashley Benson girl is so obnoxious. She has the attitude that shes doing us a favor by gracing us with her presence. I remember the first time I saw her she stood there with her arms crossed like she couldnt be more bored to be there. Love Prive Revaux but can not watch the presentations.
Respected Contributor

Received my navy yesterday and both are the tortoise and no solid navy.  Can't exchange because no navy left.  I have a pair of these fit overs I purchased a long time ago and these are not the same quality as those and same brand.  I think the TSV's are a cheaper version of items you can go and pay a little more and get better quality.  I am noticing that with lot of the TSV.  I do not jump on them like I use to.  I want a little better quality and no throw aways on everything after so long.

These glasses are cheaper and have a funny notch out on the side.  I am keeping because they do fit over my glasses well and I have had some eye surgeries and my eyes change a lot plus bifocals so the fit overs are good for me.  Basically I only wear them when I drive or walk.

I am going to throw a pair in my walking purse and in the car.  I keep my good pair in my everyday purse at all times.  

I also ordered the purple but have not received.  Going to give a pair to my daughter and grand daughter and good to have on hand for summer activities.  These will work but not the quality we should be getting for the extra prices and shipping we pay at the Q.  Time to shop around.