Honored Contributor

Prive Revaux Fit-overs

[ Edited ]

Yes?  No?  Why or why not?  I decided against the last Prive Revaux TSV, but I love the thought of a fit-over.  Please share your thoughts!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Frequent Contributor

I'm curious also.  I have seen some really cute ones on Amazon as well as a cute pair that is on clearance, here at the Q, from Solarite for less money.

Honored Contributor

got several of the last sunglass TSVs and love them.

the fitovers i do not need, but prive revaux makes excellent quality eyewear at very reasonable prices.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

Re: Price Revaux Fit-overs

[ Edited ]

I don't want any fit over eye wear, I don't like them, too much on my face, they will look heavy adding the frames of the eyeglass.. so no thank you very much!

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Valued Contributor

Re: Prive Revaux Fit-overs

[ Edited ]

I wear regular privee sunglasses as fitovers since they tend to be large.. but these look too large.. very clunky.  Way too big on my petite face.

Respected Contributor

I cannot speak to these fitovers but my husband wears that kind of sunglasses over his glasses and I have tried them.  They are just two heavy and cumbersome on my face.  it is like wearing two pair of different size glasses.  I did buy a pair of Prive Reveaux regular sunglasses and they don't fit me well and are in a drawer.  I should have returned them but shipping charges both ways made it not worth it.   I bought 2 pair for $20.00 sunglasses with a bifocal at the bottom from Amazon and I wear them all the time.  

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

Yes?  No?  Why or why not?  I decided against the last Prive Revaux TSV, but I love the thought of a fit-over.  Please share your thoughts!

@SurferWifeI bought a pair of fitovers as a TSV a few years ago (different brand) and I like to use them for reading on the beach.  I need readers and the fitovers give me that extra sun protection for my eyes.

I do have a pair of Preve Reavauxs and the quaility is good.

Trusted Contributor

The concern I have about the Fit Overs is that they look really bulky.  I ordered a pair several years ago and couldn't wear them because they were too big and bulky for my face.  It looked obvious that I had Fit Overs on.  Even looking at the model on the product detail the frames just look bulky on her face and you can tell they are Fit Overs.

I did order a Foster and Grant pair A378438 this past weekend which did not appear to look as bulky.  I hope they work out when I receive them.  I have prescription sunglasses but it would be nice to have something as a back up.

Respected Contributor

Fitovers, in general, are a great idea. I got some last year from Amazon and still love them. Just a word of caution though - measure! I found it to be very hard to judge fit visually, and you want theses babies to cover your prescription glasses.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Respected Contributor

I like Prive Revaux and I do have some fitovers for driving.  But I don't like the TSV.  I dislike the colors and when you look at the picture on the TSV page you can see the glasses through the lenses.  A big no-no.

I usually buy Prive Revaux through their own website...they have sales and free shipping quite often