Respected Contributor

Re: Privé Revaux Fitover Sunglasses TSV 5/2

Jonathan Paul used to offer their "Fitovers" on QVC.  I purchased several of those and still have them.  A good feature on that brand was a small area of sunglass on each side.  It made the glasses almost "wraparound" style.  They also came with a sturdy case with a clip, so you could clip them onto a handbag or another item.  This current Prive Revaux offering looks good, but I still prefer my Jonathan Paul, so will not purchase any of these new sunglasses. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The wide arms create a huge side-blind spot while driving. They're not for me, too dangerous for driving.

Honored Contributor

@Biftu   These sunglasses are huge!  I like my set of 2 I got as a TSV from this brand a while ago.  Wish they'd do a cat's eye.

Contributor

Re the unisex question, they've said they are, but just note that the glasses have little rhinestones on the corners.  Nothing too big, but some people (men and women) may not like that feature.

Honored Contributor

@Katiek wrote:

Re the unisex question, they've said they are, but just note that the glasses have little rhinestones on the corners.  Nothing too big, but some people (men and women) may not like that feature.

@Katiek  And some genre of men just might!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

@Biftu   These sunglasses are huge!  I like my set of 2 I got as a TSV from this brand a while ago.  Wish they'd do a cat's eye.

@Pearlee  They are huge.  The tie dye was tempting, but I can tell they would be way too big on my face.  I'm with you, the cat's eye are the best shape.  Glad we have the ones we have.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Fit-overs are a hazard when you wear glasses and hearing aids.  

When I was wearing "in the ear" style hearing aids - not much of an issue.

I got new hearing aids and they are the "over the ear" style. Between two pairs of glasses, hearing aids and mask elastics .... horror show!

My next prescription - I'm getting Transitions lenses!

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA  I don't wear any kind of hearing aid, and since I onky wear masks indoors where I am never wearing sunglasses, I don't have your issue with my Fitovers.

@Biftu  If they weren't huge, for that price and the nice case, I'd have bought either the purple ones or the traditional tortoise shell even though I need another pair of fitovers like a hole in the head!

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA 

I have transition lenses & they don't get dark enough. I bought the TSV because I need sunglasses while driving, but still like to wear my prescription lenses.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

So I ordered the pastel frames yesterday in the morning, it didn't say it was on waitlist. I was having second thoughts and was considering canceling the order, I didn't see it listed under my purchases. This morning I get an email thanking me for my purchase, I then clicked on the email to see my purchase, it said it was backordered. QVC actually did me a favor, back ordering it, I cancelled it.