Honored Contributor

Re: Privé Revaux Fitover Sunglasses TSV 5/2

@SurferWife 

My optometrist mentioned that the Transitions lenses don't darken in the car when we discussed them last examination.

That's not an issue for me. I live in the city - don't own a car - and exchanged my driver's license for non-driver ID a couple of years ago when it expired.

--------------------------------------

@SurferWife wrote:

@ALRATIBA 

I have transition lenses & they don't get dark enough. I bought the TSV because I need sunglasses while driving, but still like to wear my prescription lenses.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA 

My transition lenses don't get dark enough in the sun at all, whether in or out of the car,.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

There are some transition colors that are not a very deep shade. None of their shades seem as dark as the darkest regular non-transition tints. 

But I have purchased transition type lenses for decades and have never had a problem with them not transitioning while driving in my car. If that were the case I wouldn't keep buying them.