Frequent Contributor

Primula tumbler question - taste?

I used one of my Primula tumblers for the first time today with my favorite coffee and after a couple of hours it seemed to taste funny. I have no idea why that would be, but I wondered if anybody else noticed any issues like this?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Primula tumbler question - taste?

@joanluvz  I have used one for coffee and one for water but didn't notice any strange taste.

Honored Contributor

@joanluvz

I confess that mine are barely out of the box. I probably won’t wash them until the weekend and will start using them next week.

What kind of funny taste? Try again tomorrow and see if the same thing happens.

I’ve been thinking of taking one to work to put my coffee in because I get so busy and mostly forget about the coffee sitting there. It always gets cold - sometimes before I take my first sip!

Trusted Contributor

@joanluvz

I got mine yesterday & have been using one for just ice water but no funny taste at all. I’ve had metal type tumblers before & always tasted a slight metallic taste but not with this one. I haven’t tried any hot beverages yet. So far I love it. 

Esteemed Contributor

I used two of them. I found no difference in the taste of my coffee or water. I washed them first and let them soak for 5 minutes with warm water. I just followed the directions. I think they are great.

Trusted Contributor

We have been using the tumbler's for the past year and have never noticed a funny taste.

I love how long they keep my coffee hot during a cold winter drive.

Respected Contributor

No funny taste here either.  Testing the first one with ice water today.  So far still cold with ice cubes.  But i will be critical of the presentations because i never heard them say that to get the results they tout, the tumblers should be preheated or chilled for five minutes.  Tomorrow going to test with a hot beverage.  And like they said they do not sweat.

Honored Contributor

I bought a bunch for gifts and figured one eachfor my husband and myself. He's been using his and hasn't said a word about a funny taste. As a matter of fact he whined that there weren't more for him! LOL I had to go back and order another set.