Contributor

Prices are too high on QVC   add in shipping and handling and tax,... $60 for top,, don't think so.. If I don't need it, I don't get it...

Occasional Contributor

Agree.... And I wish... we didn't have to go through.. Dante's Inferno... via...everyone else's blog to get the message across... QVC.. Your prices are ridiculous!!!…STOP.. you're ruining your company... full stop

Contributor

I do the biggest eye roll every single time they say "this can easily a have a 1 or a 2 in front of the number at a higher end department store" because most times...that's not even true. I'm sorry but QVC clothing is not comparable to "higher end"...full stop. Not saying they don't have nice things sometimes. I've definetly bought clothing from the Q, but I know what I'm paying for. And it's not the same as something I spend $250 on at Nordstrom. 

Respected Contributor

Here it is folks.....Dont' see how they can "lower prices" much more.

NET profit margin ( you can look up what this means and includes):

When you look it up, make sure you look at NET profit margins...there are several different margins that get reported.

"As a general rule of thumb, a 10% net profit margin is deemed average, while a 20% margin is deemed high and 5% low.  Jul 4, 2022"

Here's QVC's last reported net profit margin:

"Profit margin can be defined as the percentage of revenue that a company retains as income after the deduction of expenses.

Qurate Retail net profit margin as of June 30, 2022 is 0.89%.     Qurate Retail, Inc."

POINT 89 percent.

We better enjoy QVC while it's one air.

They report the last quarter's earnings this Friday, Nov. 4, 2022 before 930am ET.

QRTEA is the stock ticker if you're interested.

Imagine thier overheads to run/air condition and heat, pay taxes on the properties, the labor costs now with "wage inflation" making a difference, the overheads to hire and retain employees and the costs of long time employess heatlh benefits...the food costs, the inventory in stock, the charges to be included on cable and satellite lineups, the vendor costs, the maintenance crews who work in the builidings....the costs are
frightening!!

And they haven't even sold one raggedy lacy bottomed tee shirt yet....made out of cheap synthetic materials that they buy for pennies on the dollar.....
Super Contributor

@Teddixat wrote:

Yes prices are high and going up all the time.  Have you been to the grocery store?   It's a fact of life.  You have a choice to shop elsewhere for cheaper goods.   Complaining isn't going to change a thing.  

Actually, consumers letting their voices be heard (in your words--"complaining") has changed MANY things through the years. The power of the internet has allowed consumers to share their experiences and learn that they are not alone with regard to concerns about poorly made or defective and overpriced goods.

And many consumers NOT shopping at certain stores or NOT buying certain items gives retailers a loud and clear message since it affects their bottom line.

Some of the price increases we are seeing are not inevitable and not necessary and will come back down over time--Supply and Demand.

~QUACK

Respected Contributor

SOMEONE has money to spend!!!! 

Billions with a "B"....

(Note...a "quarter" is THREE MONTH"S revenues.)

Recent quarterly earnings:

Apple's iPhone sales for the company's fiscal fourth quarter rose to $42.6 billion, ( does NOT include I-pads, MACs etc...)

Earlier today, United Airlines published its 2022 third-quarter earnings, which beat expectations and raised the airline's Q4 optimism.

During Q3 2022, United Airlines recorded operating revenues of $12.9 billion.

July 21, 2022 — American Airlines produced revenues of $13.4 billion in the second quarter, a 12.2% increase versus 2019 and a record for any quarter in company history.

Royal Caribbean Cruises last issued its earnings results on July 28th, 2022. The reported ($2.08) earnings per share for the quarter, topping analysts' consensus estimates of ($2.23) by $0.15.

The business had revenue of $2.18 billion for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $2.10 billion. Its quarterly revenue was up 4190.1% on a year-over-year basis.

People are spending money...just not at QVC.

More people are spending on experiences because they have enough pajamas and sherpa vests from Covid times!!!

Esteemed Contributor

The hosts compare QVC to high end designers. We hear it all the time. Of course, they will be cheap in comparison.

One example is the down coat with the round symbol on the arm.  (I don’t remember what their brand is) They make a constant reference, and comparison to Canada Goose. So, since Canada Goose runs about $1500 or more, $89 is bargain.  

They do this with all their items.

QVC prices are high, and the shipping just adds to it.

Super Contributor
I have to agree! I was going to buy the large Philosophy Purity face cleanser. It’s $50. I am not buying. Just a couple of months ago I bought my daughter a set of 2 with a shower gel included for $65.
Regular Contributor
Q prices are ridiculously high. I bought one Clark shoe they have on sale for $54 from Macys for about $38. I also bought a Clark boot they sell for $94 at Macys for $82. I should add that I do not have to pay shipping to Macys even if I choose to return the item. Always check with amazon and Macys before buying from Q because your items are most likely cheaper there.
Occasional Contributor

I agree with everything said about higher prices. I just saw that Isaac showed a lace top for 59.98 on sale ( was 66.50 )well I bought this same top. Last year NOT ON SALE , it was 47.48 WOW $12.00 more ? I'm now questioning myself if I really NEED SOMETHING. or just want it. Being retired I just can't justify a blouse for over $40.00. 

Pam NY