Respected Contributor

Prices for everything are going up fast and furious.

Gas in my area (east coast) went up another .10 this week.  

Grocery and restaurants are raising their prices.

There is a major shortage of workers due to the free money to not work.  So prices will be soaring!

The only problem is medical care, due to reimbursement rates from insurance and the government they can not afford to pay above a certain $$ and cover costs so there will be fewer people to take care of us medically.  Expect more practices to go private pay only.  No insurance no medicare.  My endodontist when private pay about a year and a half ago.  He is so happy he was ahead of this diasaster.

Unfortunately for me, that means I have to pay out of pocket then I  submit it to my insurance company for SOME reimbursement.

Respected Contributor

Gas is going down in my area. 
But I've been noticing the increase in grocery prices. 
I really don't need any clothes.

Contributor

Not just the prices the quality and the shipping wait time and return credit time qvc using our money for over a month on crediting form of payment. I have found shopping elsewhere for better quality not Chiba made and better quality. 

Esteemed Contributor

All clothing prices seem to be high. I prefer getting my wardrobe at Walmart.  (I am not kidding).  I buy by color and style. And just to add even clearance and AS IS have higher than usual price points.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Abrowneyegirl   !Free money not to work. You have got to be kidding!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@whateverisspecial   American companies moved their production to China because workers work cheaper than americans.   Most of the stuff at Walmart is made in China.   Some stuff is made in Vietnam and other places.   There is very little one can buy that is not made in China

Respected Contributor

@whateverisspecial wrote:

Not just the prices the quality and the shipping wait time and return credit time qvc using our money for over a month on crediting form of payment. I have found shopping elsewhere for better quality not Chiba made and better quality. 

So where are you shopping that you are buying items NOT made in China?  Obviously, you do not set foot in a Walmart.  But neither do I.

I would imagine that searching out non-foreign-made items would be more than 60 hr of work a week and I would be half-naked due to lack of USA-made apparel.  

Honored Contributor

@Tigerfish2 

I also think Q prices on clothing are a bit high. Sometimes I see an item I love on the Q, but I wait to see if it will go on sale. Sometime the Q sale prices aren't so great either. I don't mind paying more for an item if I really love it, but I can find similar clothing items for less locally. My local stores seem to have sales & great prices all the time. 

I recently bought a jacket from the Q that was marked down from $60 to $31. I just bought a long sleeve top on sale at Macy's & with my coupon it was $4! Both were good deals IMO. 

Respected Contributor

I try to bargain shop.  I check as is, especially on free shipping days.  I got two SG tops (a set of a print and a solid). 25.  Buying on the regular site, 61.00 same shirts, mine was 25, never worn,   I still get great deals in Macy’s, but haven’t been there in a year.  

Got a beautiful Martha winter sweater on LTS, was 76, paid 28, then the pricing went to 22, and I got the difference refunded.  Bought it six days earlier.  It is very, very nice quality.  

I’m not paying $60 for one tank, but to each their own, not judging anyone’s choices and spending.  

Valued Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

All clothing prices seem to be high. I prefer getting my wardrobe at Walmart.  (I am not kidding).  I buy by color and style. And just to add even clearance and AS IS have higher than usual price points.  

I bought 5 dresses from Walmart  this Spring for work. All under $20 and so cute. I like H & M clothes too - stylish and reasonably priced. I can get a whole outfit there for less than what QVC charges for 1 top.