Frequent Contributor
I listened to Kim Gravel assure us she was having major sales today. Really? So far I haven't seen one sale price. I love some of her things but by the time you add on shipping and tax your spending almost $60.00 for a shirt.
And if it doesn't fit 7 more bucks. I've tried to shop from home but honestly clothes are hard to get a deal on here unless your up 24/7. T shirt is close to 27.00 a t shirt tank. Thats just crazy. Not just her, Susan Graver us high to but at least has real sales sometimes. JMO
Respected Contributor

LOGO too...sometimes I think something is cute but always think it's too much.

I've had 3 of her tops since she's been on Q. First one I bought was one she was known for back when she first started...was I believe a cotton/modal, it was her tunic she started with, floppy pockets...anyway...was about $50.00 then. I'm gentle with my clothing, wash something like that on gentle, air fluff then hang to dry. Within two wearings it had a little hole and looked so shop worn. Didn't even wear around the house, threw it out. So disappointing I didn't buy from her again for years. 2nd LOGO purchase I still love, a ribbed knit striped tunic with a little lace trim on the bottom, that has held up nicely, worn and washed a lot, still like new but I got it on clearance for $40.00...still high for clearance, but that was worth it. I don't like a lot of her things but my point was, occasionally I see something I think is cute but usually it's between $60-80 for a top and I just won't do it. Nothing's that unusual that it's worth that.

I'm just looking for good deals right now. Free ship days. On things I really like, are of good value to me, I know may have a good chance of looking good on me and I'll get a lot of use of. Shopping wisely with my money. Sizing on Q is almost impossible to nail among brands and styles, and poor presentations and sizing info, and ship costs to return are too high.

I'm glad now I'll be back in brick and mortar stores. And honestly, nothing I really need badly in clothing...got lots to wear from last year, new things I didn't get to go out in much then. 

Regular Contributor

I agree!  Also I find Kim's tops to run very big.  I am a medium in everything but her M is huge on me - in the shoulders, in width and length.  I have 3 in my closet from last Spring/Summer and they just look sloppy on me.

I rarely find any reduced prices on her items.

I do browse SG clearance and have found 2 tops this Spring which I like.

I always count in the return price because I have used that many times.  That, in itself, is enough for me to pause and reconsider the purchase.

Valued Contributor

Glad to read that I'm not the only one that thinks that the Q is getting way too expensive. This is just my opinion, of course. 

Esteemed Contributor

Yes prices are high and going up all the time.  Have you been to the grocery store?   It's a fact of life.  You have a choice to shop elsewhere for cheaper goods.   Complaining isn't going to change a thing.  

Respected Contributor

@Teddixat wrote:

Yes prices are high and going up all the time.  Have you been to the grocery store?   It's a fact of life.  You have a choice to shop elsewhere for cheaper goods.   Complaining isn't going to change a thing.  

Absolutely prices are up on everything...I think for a variety of "facts of life" these days. I didn't take it as complaining...just discussing. As I said...I am choosing to shop around, and try to spend wisely. I definitely will pay for something really worth it to me, or of unusual style, quality. But cheap stuff from China, pretty as it can be also sometimes...there's a lot of places to find "the look", made the same out there. Target comes to mind (but there are many online choices too, "the look for less")...I've had some really cute tops from Target in the past, and jeans, same wth Old Navy...just as detailed, well made, same materials as stuff you would pay twice as much or more for on Q. There's things also on Q I'll buy and spend for and be happy with. 

Honored Contributor

For the most part, I'm shopping my closet.  After all, I haven't worn much of what's in my closet for over a year.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree that prices on clothing at the Q are too high.  It’s not a matter of having the money to buy.  Rather, it is how you choose to spend your money.  

I am a bargain shopper.  There are so many other retailers, and even big box stores sell online.  And free postage with a certain amount spent.

I save even more by buying off-season.  I am not buying anything now, as I have so much already with few places to go.  But when I see over fifty dollars for a tank top, and more offered for a special cover-up for said tank top - I just think that is so crazy.  My opinion.  

Respected Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

I agree that prices on clothing at the Q are too high.  It’s not a matter of having the money to buy.  Rather, it is how you choose to spend your money.  

I am a bargain shopper.  There are so many other retailers, and even big box stores sell online.  And free postage with a certain amount spent.

I save even more by buying off-season.  I am not buying anything now, as I have so much already with few places to go.  But when I see over fifty dollars for a tank top, and more offered for a special cover-up for said tank top - I just think that is so crazy.  My opinion.  

I hear ya~Agreed!

Frequent Contributor
It makes me feel better to mention it and see I am not alone here. Maybe one day they will really have lower prices not just a dollar.