Valued Contributor

Previously recorded? Not live in AM?

Not complaining, just wondering....

When did the Q stop being live in the AM? What time do they start now? I'm usually not home in the AM so this was new to me.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Previously recorded? Not live in AM?

I noticed this too about a couple weeks ago.  HSN has been doing this for years. It's  probably saving QVC money from going live at those early hours and having to pay hosts.   I saw a couple mornings they kept repeating the TSV show with Shawn and Rick.  I'm not sure what time they actually go to live programming.    Technically they can't say they're live 24 HRS. 

Respected Contributor

QVC is doing a test run and is repeating the midnight showing of the TSV again from 2-7am EST, they then go live again at 7am. This test is supposed to run for about 4 weeks according to a QVC mod

Honored Contributor

Live 24-hour programming will resume on November 5.

How long it will stay this way is another question.

Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the updated information on this.  It'll be interesting to see what they decide to do.  I still think it boils down to money..one way or another either via sales or not having to pay hosts for the live shows at those hours.

Respected Contributor

Yea .. i couldn't belive it when i saw Shawn on this morning around 8:00..

then I said .. wait a minute that top looks familiar ....then realized it

was a re-run from last night !!!

Contributor

Thanks for the heads up.  I was watching some programs I had set to record in my DVR and I thought my machine was going wonky!  

Respected Contributor

Hosts... makeup artists and hair salon people...set decorators....cameramen, grips, Electric. Water and heating costs for those cavernous sets and electrical equipment........control room staff..."green room" maintenance....for food shows, all the foods and prep...admin staff....building maintenance people...costs associated with guest vendors and all the hangers-on on these shows ( like Stacy-loo in the ITKWD)....

It's not only hosts they are saving on!

I bet when the total it all up, repeat programming will be the new normal.

Evine and HSN and all the infomericials are shown ad nauseum too....so it's really no surprise.....

Respected Contributor

QVC is also obviously saving on web support, judging from the looks of all the complaints about it!!!!

Frequent Contributor

And saving ME money in the process. Getting close to Xmas (and all the birthdays in my family) I used to watch a lot, all day long, for ideas. The catalogs I get in the mail are ever more interesting.