Valued Contributor

Re: Pressure Cooker Corned Beef

[ Edited ]

I have cooked corned beef several times in my 4qt. pressure cooker, and they came out great.   I don't know the maximum size that will fit, because I only bought smaller ones since I am just cooking for me.  I think the biggest one I have cooked was 4 lbs.   You can find lots of pressure cooker recipes online; I found two online for corned beef that I essentially combined into one recipe.  I cooked vegetables, too, but did not include potatoes since I am trying to eat lower carb.

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Occasional Visitor

Re: Pressure Cooker Chat coming 4/6 with The Blue Jean Chef!

I am looking for an all stainless steel insert pot; no non stick. What is this one?

Will the old pressure cooker inserts work with the 4 quart pressure cooker? Will you post the rice/cheese/broccoli recipe? 

New Contributor

I purchased two years ago the 6 qt. which I loved.  I was cooking a 2 1/2 lb. chuck roast frozen and it took 4 hours to cook while I kept getting an error message E4 if I remember correctly.  Now I'm wondering if it was because the meat was frozen, or did the heating/cooking element break?  I have now ordered the todays special.  I love this pressure cooker.  I did not throw away my old one yet, but would love if you could address this for future use.  Thank you.

Occasional Visitor

Can the recipes in your new cookbook Al's!o be used for the 6 quart one that cook essentials has?

New Contributor

If I got the 6 qt. Pressure cooker instead of the 4 qt. Can I still use the 4qt recipes in your book or is the 6 qt too big for 4 qt recipes?

Occasional Visitor

I have a older model 4qt cooks essential  pressure cooker. What I don't have and really want is the stanless steel wire rack available with the 4 qt pressure cooker  as todays special value. Is this 4 inch rack availabe as a seperate item which I can order for my pressure cooker that I already own? I sure hope it is cause i really could use this rack. Thank-you Merideth for all your pressure cooker cook books. I just ordered your new book today designed for 4 qt pressure cookers.

New Contributor

Hi Meredith,  can I use your 4qt recipes in the 6 qt pressure cooker or would there be too much empty space?

Can you please, please tell me about the non stick coating, is it pfoa, ptfe free, that is very important, the same with your air fryer. What is the coating on the basket. No one has been able to answer that question. It is not mentioned in the presentation

New Contributor

Thank you Meredeth, looking forward to getting your new cookbook!