Re: Pressure Cooker Chat coming 4/6 with The Blue Jean Chef!

When is this going to be aTSV, and what size is it?

New Contributor

I must say I love my Cooks Essential electric pressure cooker & air fryer. What trouble I am finding is backup pot, backup rubber gasket & wire racks & round pans to fit into the pressure cooker. It's takes a 7 inches round racks & cooking pans. It's really hard to find these sizes. The fryer came with a rack that can be used in both.    Lately after searching many places I found the XL has some of these items available. Cooks Essential is missing the market. If you call QVC all they tell you they can sell what's given them to sell. 

Cooks Essential is a good product & would prefer to buy from you. Thank you!

Hi.  I got the 8qt. Power XL and love it.  I am a bit confused though about how to cook certain things like pasta.  It says to add water and then add sauce.  The water thins out the sauce a lot and my pasta stuck to the bottom of the inner pot.  Is there a trick to knowing how much water to add to recipes?  The booklet didn't help much.  Thanks!

QVC Community

[ Edited ]

@Bigbear52 wrote:

Is the pictured pressure cooker a 4 quart? Would that wire rack fit in a 6 quart? Are they the same diameter insert? I use something that is really a trivetIMG_20160405_145032.jpg

Hi @Bigbear52 The pressure cooker Today's Special Value is a 4 qt. cooker with a rack. The diameter is slightly smaller than a 6 qt. cooker, so the rack from the Today's Special Value will fit into a 6 qt. cooker too.  Hope that helps. Smiley Happy  ML

QVC Community

[ Edited ]

Hi @mollyann, This will be Today's Special Value in about an HOUR!  Smiley Happy  You can see it, along with my new pressure cooker cookbook all day on Wednesday. It's a 4-quart cooker with a rack and recipe booklet.  ML

QVC Community

[ Edited ]

@Snoops wrote:

I must say I love my Cooks Essential electric pressure cooker & air fryer. What trouble I am finding is backup pot, backup rubber gasket & wire racks & round pans to fit into the pressure cooker. It's takes a 7 inches round racks & cooking pans. It's really hard to find these sizes. The fryer came with a rack that can be used in both.    Lately after searching many places I found the XL has some of these items available. Cooks Essential is missing the market. If you call QVC all they tell you they can sell what's given them to sell. 

Cooks Essential is a good product & would prefer to buy from you. Thank you!

Hi @Snoops.  I hear you! The good news for you is that we have a brand new set of silicone pressure cooker inserts today that fit the 4 quart cooker.  It includes a rack, a perforated insert with long handles, a solid insert with long handles and a lid.  The item number is K44245.  We also have a similar set to fit a 6-quart cooker - K42922.  Check them out - they might be just what you're looking for! Smiley Happy ML

Super Contributor

Yes thank you Meredith. I am considering getting the smaller cooker, but of course I will keep the 6 quart too. Haven't gone completely off my rocker. Smiley Happy

QVC Community

[ Edited ]

@Debra F wrote:

Hi.  I got the 8qt. Power XL and love it.  I am a bit confused though about how to cook certain things like pasta.  It says to add water and then add sauce.  The water thins out the sauce a lot and my pasta stuck to the bottom of the inner pot.  Is there a trick to knowing how much water to add to recipes?  The booklet didn't help much.  Thanks!

Hi @Debra F. It takes a little getting used to. You always have to have 1 -1.5 cups of liquid to create the steam needed to build pressure.  When you're cooking pasta, you ALSO need liquid for the pasta to absorb and cook.  So, you need to add enough liquid for both purposes. I've found that you generally need at least as much liquid by volume as pasta (1 cup pasta - 1 cup water).  I've also found that the cooking time is about half that of the box instructions.  If you're having trouble with the pasta burning on the bottom, you need to add more liquid so that there's still some liquid left after the pasta has absorbed the water and cooked.  It takes a couple tries to perfect it, but you'll get there.  Hope that helps.  ML

Occasional Visitor

Hi Meredith, as many times as I've made rice in my PC, it always comes out sticky. I go by the directions exactly. I thought maybe putting a tbs do oil, but still sticky.  What advice do you have?   My favorite is jasmine rice. 

Tina

Honored Contributor

Hi - I love to cook with my cooker! I do have a question: A lot of recipes call for chicken with the skin and bones on or chicken thighs. My family is fussy and will eat only breasts, preferably boneless skinless ones. Can you give me any advice on how to substitute boneless skinless breasts for regular chicken parts - if it can be done at all? Thank you!

I have to say I never watched cooking shows on QVC until I saw Jill Bauer make Santa Fe Glazed Chicken with Goat Cheese. That has become my "go to" recipe for company, and my family loves it! I enjoyed seeing you as her guest that night, and I immediately ordered your cookbook! Since then I have bought many of the products you present!