Esteemed Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

I am always excited for fall, it's my favorite time of the year!

I love the decor and the scents also.   We enjoy our summers in the northeast but we have a fairly short season.  It's okay with me though, I can only take the hot temperatures and humidity for so long, come Labor Day weekend it's bring on the fall!!!

hi fellow rhode islander....how are you enjoying this yucky weather.....can't wait until 9/22...first day of Fall!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Prefer autumnal decor

[ Edited ]

@ID2 wrote:

Oh I much prefer my American decor that I display from Memorial Day thru Labor Day. I'm a total Summer lover. Fall? Yuck, you've got to be kidding me! I live in upper Michigan and we have plenty of our long cold winter days. I hate when the weather turns cold. 

@ID2   From reading your likes and dislikes of seasons, it sounds like you should move someplace where it is warm all year round. I can't imagine living someplace where I would hate three seasons out of the year.

Esteemed Contributor

omg....awesome tree!  can you share where you purchased it....i'd be very grateful!!

Valued Contributor

I live in Michigan and I LOVE the fall!! The colors of the leaves in October, the crisp morning air, pumpkin spice everything Smiley Happy August 1st is when I begin chaging my home decor to fall-related items Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

@FlyersGirl wrote:

I love everything "fall" and I also love to decorate for Halloween. I just purchased a 15 inch ceramic Halloween tree.Pic below. September 1st I will have my fall decorations out. October 1st the Halloween stuff is out, then the fall comes back until I decorate for Christmas over Thanksgiving weekend. I just wish the fall season was a little longer. 

I can't tell you how much I love this.  

Regular Contributor

@MandyG06 wrote:

I live in Michigan and I LOVE the fall!! The colors of the leaves in October, the crisp morning air, pumpkin spice everything Smiley Happy August 1st is when I begin chaging my home decor to fall-related items Smiley Happy

From beautiful Michigan originally.  How about the smell of the fall leaves?

Trusted Contributor

@greenjean1  @nana59 

I ordered the tree from Amazon. It is large, 15 inches high.I love that it is battery operated as it gives me more options for placement. I also found and just ordered this morning, smaller versions of ceramic trees and a bubble nightlight from the Lakeside Collection catalog. I plan to display these with my collection of Dept 56 (SnowVillage) Halloween houses. 

Esteemed Contributor

Of all my decor colors schemes, I really like my Fall colors best!!  Love the oranges, yellows, browns, greens of the  pumpkins and leaves!  Have been known to leave my Fall decor up until Dec 23rd!!  Enjoy Christmas decor, but those Fall colors are my joy!!  

Respected Contributor

@stevieb A couple of years ago I had to empty my china cabinet as floors were being installed.  90% of what I had in there I didn't use and or didn't like any longer, out it went in boxes in the garage.  I filled the china cabinet with various holiday pieces i.e. halloween, Christmas, fall etc. and instead of having to go to the garage or the abyss of the basement lol now I have most pieces I use througout the year in the dining room.  Now I'm motivated to decorate as it's much easier having them handy. 

Contributor

Re: Prefer autumnal decor

[ Edited ]

@ID2  I agree! I'm a summer lover all the way, too. It isn't the cold of fall I mind, but the darkness and the gray skies.  Every day gets shorter and sunny days become rarer. I just had this discussion with some Facebook friends who were rapturizing about the fall leaves, pumpkins and comfort food. I agreed that there were a couple weeks a year of pretty leaves and a couple of good fall holidays, but I told them this isn't enough to make up for the unrelenting grayness of fall. Give me those lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer any time!