Honored Contributor

I've been looking for an indoor smokeless grill.   Not sure this one is what I need but I did want to mention I have the Power XL air fryer, it's great.   We use it almost every day.  So I believe the quality is there.

I'm not spending $100 to make grilled cheese sandwiches.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Power XL Smokeless Grill

@software  I just bought a small Foreman grill at Bed Bath & Beyond for $20. It's just DH & me now.It's the perfect size for us. I've already made grilled cheese, burgers & filet mignon.It cooks in minutes & cleans up in a jiffy. 

Frequent Contributor

We bought this Power XL Grill when it was a TSV a long time ago.  It doesn't heat evenly and it doesn't get hot enough.  It's also difficult to clean.  We sent it back.  I now have the Ninja Foodi Grill and LOVE it.  I have the New Ninja Foodi Grill XL coming today and can't wait to use it.  It's 50% larger and it has a temperature probe built in and you can set your food to your desired doneness (Med Rare, Med. Well, etc) and it will shut off when it reaches the appropriate doneness.  Check out videos on youtube for both the Ninja Grill and the Power XL. I just watched a very good test of the Power XL by SweetSavant on youtube.  

Honored Contributor

I know @SharkE swears by it.  I just got the Foodi Grill (not the XL one), and it came with the temperature probe.  Got it on an Amazon one day deal so the one with the probe was $110 off which made it cheaper than the one without the probe.  Used it for the 1st time tonight for steaks and was happy that it had a lot less smoke than my Jenn-Aire grill that I have always loved using.  I have an asthmatic cat, so felt the need to try and not smoke up the kitchen.  It's smaller than the Power XL though in surface area and the Power XL has a griddle.  You can get a griddle for the Foodi, but seems like a waste with the size.  I think I could only cook one pancake at a time on it, but I have an old Presto griddle that works just fine.

Respected Contributor

Last thing I need is another cooking gadget.  I buy and use a few times and off it goes to someone else.

I have a few items I have purchased that I use a lot  but most things like this, for me, become a pain to get out and clean and then store.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have 2, don't care for them

I have an open flattop grill I prefer to use, the plate can be flipped over to get the grill marks.

I'm looking for something like this one, with an element under the food.

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@software  I just bought a small Foreman grill at Bed Bath & Beyond for $20. It's just DH & me now.It's the perfect size for us. I've already made grilled cheese, burgers & filet mignon.It cooks in minutes & cleans up in a jiffy. 

Honored Contributor

These types of things just aren't for me.  I cannot stand the smell of stuff grilling inside my house. 

I have a small George Foreman that i use very very sporadically to make myself a boneless porkchop and that's about it.  Other than that, I find all these types of things are too drying to my food.  

As someone else said, I put this stuff away because I don't want it on my countertop and then it's just a hassle to dig out so I don't bother.  

Occasional Contributor

Check reviews on Amazon! Not great.
Honored Contributor

@mthree2 : Yep. I need to eat healthier and wanted this to grill vegetables, chicken or fish. I have limited storage space but tired of purchasing kitchen items and then a couple months later donating it.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Can't believe mine arrived today!!!!   Wow.  One day delivery.