Contributor

We have a sleep number and my husband has been waking up with back pain. We have had it 7 years. We are looking at searta tsv for Sunday. Does anybody have any experiences with Serta or other beds that may help. We need all suggestions we can get. 

Regular Contributor

If you own a true Select Comfort Sleep Number bed, has your husband tried adjusting the firmness or softness of the bed. We have had two Select Number beds and love them. My husband likes a firm feel, and is usually at 50-60 whereas, I started out at 35 and now do 40 to 45? I would not invest in a box spring mattress ever again. But if you are set on trying a Serta or any other mattress that does not adjust, would suggest going to a mattress store, and laying on a whole bunch before ordering online. I only trust the Select Comfort. But you never know! WE also took ours apart and re-did it recently. That helped also.

Contributor

Yep we tried changing numbers and took everything apart and repositioned the foam inside. We just haven't had good luck with our sleep number and my husbands back. 

Respected Contributor
I bought the Serta TSV from last August. My professional background is in the hotel business. I'd only ever buy a Serra mattress. Our purchasing manager, who buys for 30 Hilton and Marriott branded hotels, was impressed at the quality of my mattress for the price I paid.
Trusted Contributor

@Mandy H  We have had our sleep number bed since 2002.  Just a couple of years ago, we ordered a new sponge-layer inside the mattress itself.  It is more robust than the layer that came with the original bed.

Of course, we had to buy it.  It has helped us, maybe it would help you.  I believe they adjust the price by the age of your bed, so hopefully, yours would be cheaper than ours.

Hope this helps.

Valued Contributor

i bought the serta matress last time it was a todays special and i would not reccomnd buy a matress online. shipping was way longer than they said it would be. i would go to the store.

Valued Contributor

I bought a Serta Eurotop mattress from the Q about a year and a half ago.  It has been great so far.  Mine is considered a medium plush and was rated a 6 or a 7 on the plushness scale but it is no longer being sold on the Q.  I find it very comfortable and feels better today than when it was brand new.

Regular Contributor

@giddy up

What is the plushness scale for the TSV?

~QUACK

Valued Contributor

@Quackeroo wrote:

@giddy up

What is the plushness scale for the TSV?

~QUACK

I don't recall hearing it on this one.  Maybe someone else heard something and can chip in.