Contributor

Please consider re-configuring laptop specs ...

I would like to respectfully request that QVC's computer buyers consider the specs of the laptops offered. I (and I suspect many others) have no need for the pre-loaded extraneous software (often high-lighted as an additional "value" when calculating the price during presentations). 99% of these programs languish on my hard drive and are never opened. They are of little to no value for me and therefor I pass on purchasing a new machine.

If, however, you offered a computer that instead offered more memory and no "bloatware" I would likely be one of the first in line. How about one with 16, 24, or even 32 gigs? Now these would be machines to consider. 

Thank you.

Honored Contributor

Re: Please consider re-configuring laptop specs ...

I think you might be the only one who doesn't want free stuff.  If you don't want the features of a laptop that 99.99% of laptop users want, even if they never use  a lot of the stuff, you should buy a tablet.  

Contributor

Interesting how we all see things differently. :-)

I honestly don't think the free stuff is free at all. The cost of it is simply imbedded in the overall cost of the machine. If that cost was instead pointed to a more powerful memory chip, then the machine would be better overall without the need to raise the purchase price.

A laptop fits both my business and personal work requirements and is still portable when the need arises. This is not true of a tablet, which is just too small. Surely there are others who have similar needs for their computer hardware. I would appreciate it very much if QVC buyers consider this type of user when they are working on new offers.    

Honored Contributor

@USAnn

You will be better off going to the comp manufacturer website and "build your own/custom build" the type of "laptop" you want.  This way you can max out your RAM & storage as well as the processor.

As far as "free" preinstalled software I can only speak about Apple.  All their preinstalled software is actually free when you do your research and add up the prices of the software (some of which is calculated on their "build your own/customize" website.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

The shopping channels use this strategy to market electronics.  They add a bunch of useless junk that nobody needs, not just software, and then jack the price up disproportionately and give you easy pay.  That's how they sell, and it's not likely to change.  Very few serious shoppers buy electronics from TV. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment