Honored Contributor

Picture Keeper TSV - September 28, 2023

E318193 - Set of 2, 32 GB Digital Storage Saving & Photo Editing Devices $89.98

Bronze, Red, Rose Gold, Silver, Turquoise 

IMG_2540.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Picture Keeper TSV - September 28, 2023

I'd consider this for a gift if I could buy just one, don't need two.

[ Edited ]

Not to be a debby downer but i wouldn't be showing a picture of holding a starfish.. It kills them... 

Everyone needs to understand the importance of not touching and not removing starfish from the sea. The answer is simple: starfish die when they are taken out of the water. Since starfish cannot stay in the water and breathe, they suffer from carbon monoxide poisoning, which causes them to die from asphyxiation. Another common cause of death is stress from handling them too much.

Honored Contributor

I bought a set of these for a Christmas gift.  I am not sure why exactly because I am not one to buy electronic gadgets or even have much of an understanding of them.  The presenter was showing all the different things you could do with them with the editing and erasing, etc.  She made it look easy --- but is it???  Anyway, she convinced me, so we will see.  At least there is a long return period so a person can see if they really are worthwhile and easy to use.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

I'm just going to put this out there.  Many, many, many people (I would dare say most who are tech saavy) back their photos up to a cloud service--Apple, Google, etc.  Everyone I know does, and I'm 60. You can edit, resize, etc. This would not be a good gift for someone like that.

Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

I bought a set of these for a Christmas gift.  I am not sure why exactly because I am not one to buy electronic gadgets or even have much of an understanding of them.  The presenter was showing all the different things you could do with them with the editing and erasing, etc.  She made it look easy --- but is it???  Anyway, she convinced me, so we will see.  At least there is a long return period so a person can see if they really are worthwhile and easy to use.  

@AngelPuppy1 you can do the same for free with the many apps available for download.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Ainhisg wrote:

I'm just going to put this out there.  Many, many, many people (I would dare say most who are tech saavy) back their photos up to a cloud service--Apple, Google, etc.  Everyone I know does, and I'm 60. You can edit, resize, etc. This would not be a good gift for someone like that.

Some of us don't trust the ubiquitous "Cloud" and/or don't want to pay the never-ending & continually-getting-more-expensive subscription (for all things now) fees, which can really add up.

Just sayin'...

~Quack

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Quackeroo wrote:

@Ainhisg wrote:

Some of us don't trust the ubiquitous "Cloud" and/or don't want to pay the never-ending & continually-getting-more-expensive subscription (for all things now) fees, which can really add up.

Just sayin'...

~Quack

1)  I didn't say all people use cloud services; I said MANY people do and that it would not be a good gift for someone like that.
2)  For me, my Google storage is still free, and I only pay 99 cents a month for Apple storage, which imo is inexpensive.
3)  I am not one bit worried about my photos going to the cloud; what's to be worried about?  Someone "stealing" my dog's photo?  lol

But hey...you do you, and I'll do me.  Just hope no one ever gets me a picture keeper for a gift.

Super Contributor

Agree. As my husband said when I showed him, "this is for the olds". Ha! Their tech presentations are aimed towards less tech savvy people.

“…nevertheless, she persisted.”
Honored Contributor

@Biftu wrote:

I'd consider this for a gift if I could buy just one, don't need two.

@Biftu.  If someone has hundreds or thousands of photos, 32GB doesn't hold that much.  I'd rather have one with more memory.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment