Frequent Contributor

Has anyone else noticed that the photo of the Corky’s TSV looks like some kind of bloody animal lying on its side?

Trusted Contributor

I don’t think I’d like to refer to food as distastefully as that, but I do agree the glistening, reddish bbq sauce/glaze is a bit more vivid than inviting. Maybe showing the side of the ribs with the smoky look of the meat would have been more appealing to the eye and enticing. 

Valued Contributor

Oh please....NO

Respected Contributor

Re: Photo of Corky’s TSV

[ Edited ]

HUH???????? Smiley Surprised

Honored Contributor

Do you mean this photo?   I don't eat meat (much) but I think this sight would make any carnivore salivate.

corkys.JPG

Honored Contributor

All day long yesterday I avoided tuning into QVC.  I'm not a vegetarian, I love filet mignon.  But (for myself) just the thought of gnawing on a piece of meat on the bone of an animal, well, it turns my stomach.

It's all in my head.  When I was a girl living with my grandma she'd go visit to what was then the country and bring back hog's head and live chickens.  She'd put the chicken on the clothes line and wring their necks or something or other and when I opened the frig there'd be that hogs head thing!

That's why I'm so weird of what I eat.  I can't eat anything with a bone on it.  I will only eat white (pure white breast chicken meat)....

Today my friend and I went to KFC chicken place.  There was something (looked like a wing) connected to the breast.  I couldn't eat any of the chicken.  It made me feel sick.

Like I said, looking at the picture that came up with that meat on the bone, well, ......

I will eat barbecue but it has to just be in shredded pieces and not on any bone.

I'm sure there are other's with similar ideas or maybe they're 'different' about other things.

But getting back to your post.  I can't imagine what it was like for someone who's a vegetarian tuning into QVC and seeing that.

I could easily become a vegetarian if I didn't love filet mignon meat....that's my downfall.  But I can't eat it very often because too much meat upsets my stomach.

My three daughters are the same way.  Too much meat doesn't do well for the 4 of us.  It has to be spaced out.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Well, it is in fact the side of an animal.  It just looks like ribs to me and I LOVE ribs!  I cook them frequently.  LOVE them.

So yes, it looks like a dead animal with bbq sauce!  Makes me want more!  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Photo of Corky’s TSV

[ Edited ]

my 17 year old granddaughter just informed me that she doesn't like eating food that used to move!  can't say that i blame her.......i could live on cereal......

Honored Contributor

I don't eat critters that walk on all fours. To me most meat looks like a piece of dead animal...that's what it is. But I'd rather not eat it. 

Trusted Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

All day long yesterday I avoided tuning into QVC.  I'm not a vegetarian, I love filet mignon.  But (for myself) just the thought of gnawing on a piece of meat on the bone of an animal, well, it turns my stomach.

It's all in my head.  When I was a girl living with my grandma she'd go visit to what was then the country and bring back hog's head and live chickens.  She'd put the chicken on the clothes line and wring their necks or something or other and when I opened the frig there'd be that hogs head thing!

That's why I'm so weird of what I eat.  I can't eat anything with a bone on it.  I will only eat white (pure white breast chicken meat)....

Today my friend and I went to KFC chicken place.  There was something (looked like a wing) connected to the breast.  I couldn't eat any of the chicken.  It made me feel sick.

Like I said, looking at the picture that came up with that meat on the bone, well, ......

I will eat barbecue but it has to just be in shredded pieces and not on any bone.

I'm sure there are other's with similar ideas or maybe they're 'different' about other things.

But getting back to your post.  I can't imagine what it was like for someone who's a vegetarian tuning into QVC and seeing that.

I could easily become a vegetarian if I didn't love filet mignon meat....that's my downfall.  But I can't eat it very often because too much meat upsets my stomach.

My three daughters are the same way.  Too much meat doesn't do well for the 4 of us.  It has to be spaced out.

I understand your feelings toward meat.  I can not eat any pink meat like ham.  No pink salmon...no pink shrimp....Not sure where this all started, but it just turns my stomach to look at pink food.