Respected Contributor

Re: Phone Soap UV Sanitizer TSV 11/9/18

@World Traveler wrote:

I bought this product over a year ago and love it! I not only put my iPhone in it, after it has sanitized it I put my keys in it and sanitize them too. I am hoping she will come out with a bigger one for my iPads. Seems like that would be her next step on this.

I happened to see the exact Dr. Oz program she refers to when he talked about how researchers tested which item has the most bacteria on it and is the most dirty thing you normally come in contact with in a day. Was very surprised it was not the toilet or the stall enclosure handle in a public bathroom, but your phone. 

I also saw the Shark Tank program where the entrepreneur presented this and the research that was done, and saw how quickly she jumped on it as an investment.

Using the regular sanitizer pads or wipes that are available can ruin the screen of your phone, as I sadly found out early on. And since I charge my phone every day anyway, this product does double duty! So happy I got this!

I have a glass protector over my screen plus it's in a case for protection also.  I don't think wiping the screen protector with a wipe is gonna hurt it at all.  BUT with that said if you like the idea of not needing to do that at all and put phone in charger/sanitizer then it sounds like a good product.  Of course it's only good if you use it LOL....I am passing on it as I want a wireless charger instead and can wipe mine easily with a wipe no worries on screen getting hurt.  

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler........yes of course they are.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Regular Contributor

Been using the wipes on my phones and my Fires for a few years now, without any problems. Usually wipe them once or twice per week, or as needed.
Respected Contributor

I remember when it was on Shark Tank, most of the sharks thought it was a dumb idea, that no one would buy it.  Lori was the only one who liked the idea.  I got a bigger unit (that does not charge) on HSN, which I like, but it's still not big enough to fit my tablet.  But I use it for my TV remote, my eyeglasses, my sleep eye mask, etc.  Sometimes I will forget I put something in there and have trouble finding it the next time I go to use it! 

Respected Contributor

This TSV speaks to a small segment of the population that are germaphobes. We live in a fear based world - some buy into the fear, others realize you can’t stick your steering wheel or the bathroom door handle at Target into the phone soap TSV. 

Props to the guy who invented it. 

Honored Contributor

RFID wallets, to security cameras, to sanitizing lights...what's next?? 

Trusted Contributor

silly item

Frequent Contributor

@Blk&GoldFan wrote:

Saw the Dr Oz show.  Saw the presentation on Shark Tank.  Read reviews on Amazon.  Ordered these for grandchildren in college and on their way to college next year for Christmas gifts.  I know they won't be cleaning them properly and know they WILL be charging them daily. 

I have 2 college age kids and 3 stepkids that went to college  and I don't want to ruin your present but they more than likely won't use this.  Most college kids still like to use their phone when it is plugged in and charging. In the dorms most get a 10 foot cord so that thier phone can be plugged in and still be near them on their bed- even if it is a bunk bed.  They watch Netflix or surf and  even use the phone as their alarm clock.  You won't see an alarm clock on a college dorm packing list since they use the phone as their alarm clock!

I can't see college students dragging this thing into thier bed with them so it is next to thier pillow.  They do that with thier phone ! 

You know your family I am only trying to give advice based on what I have experienced, I am not in any way trying to offend you or your gift choices. These just seem really expensive after shipping and tax, and we all work hard for our money!   

Have a good holiday! 

Esteemed Contributor

A waste of money to me.  

Respected Contributor

I use hand sanitizer on a tissue to clean my phone.