Regular Contributor

@jackiejenny wrote:

@PatsShoes wrote:

This TSV is a pass for me since I have never liked the AG scent, nor any of the 'twists' on the scent.

I have a question for everyone who enjoys these supersized shower gels...where - OH WHERE - do you keep the bottles? My DH would HOWL if a bottle that large ever appeared in our shower stall. He is very fussy about anything on the floor obstructing his way throughout the house & would find these giant bottles an 'accident waiting to happen'. If one tipped over onto your foot, it would break a toe or worse. So do you pump the gel from the mega bottle into a smaller bottle for use in the shower/bath? Seems like lots of work to me...and then you still need space to store the mega one. Space in my bathroom is at a premium.

There are ledges and or shelves built in most custom showers or manufactured shower stalls.

Those bottles fit perfectly on those ledges, so there is no need for the bottles to ever be on the floor. 

Now in a worst case scenario, I suppose a bottle could fall down, but it would have to hit just right to break a toe. 

I have used these for years and all of my toes are intact. 

Actually, I had never even thought about that possibility! 

I have lived in a variety of houses over the years, and while all of the bathrooms had built in shelves and/or ledges in the shower stalls, I have never had any shelving deep & tall enough to hold these mega sized bottles.

Bottles drop off my ledges all the time; showers are wet & slippery places. Has happened to me, DH & DD. Two years ago a full 8oz shower gel fell off a ledge and onto my foot. I had to have XRays...nothing broken, but my toes were bruised, turned black & were swollen for 4 months, and still sore for months later. 

Respected Contributor

@PatsShoes wrote:

@jackiejenny wrote:

@PatsShoes wrote:

This TSV is a pass for me since I have never liked the AG scent, nor any of the 'twists' on the scent.

I have a question for everyone who enjoys these supersized shower gels...where - OH WHERE - do you keep the bottles? My DH would HOWL if a bottle that large ever appeared in our shower stall. He is very fussy about anything on the floor obstructing his way throughout the house & would find these giant bottles an 'accident waiting to happen'. If one tipped over onto your foot, it would break a toe or worse. So do you pump the gel from the mega bottle into a smaller bottle for use in the shower/bath? Seems like lots of work to me...and then you still need space to store the mega one. Space in my bathroom is at a premium.

There are ledges and or shelves built in most custom showers or manufactured shower stalls.

Those bottles fit perfectly on those ledges, so there is no need for the bottles to ever be on the floor. 

Now in a worst case scenario, I suppose a bottle could fall down, but it would have to hit just right to break a toe. 

I have used these for years and all of my toes are intact. 

Actually, I had never even thought about that possibility! 

I have lived in a variety of houses over the years, and while all of the bathrooms had built in shelves and/or ledges in the shower stalls, I have never had any shelving deep & tall enough to hold these mega sized bottles.

Bottles drop off my ledges all the time; showers are wet & slippery places. Has happened to me, DH & DD. Two years ago a full 8oz shower gel fell off a ledge and onto my foot. I had to have XRays...nothing broken, but my toes were bruised, turned black & were swollen for 4 months, and still sore for months later. 

Oh wow.

Respected Contributor

Re: Philosophy TSV

[ Edited ]

@PatsShoes 

Those giant  9 oz bars of Beekman bathsoap will do that kind of damage too if they drop onto your foot!!!

I cut them in half.  About one minute in the microwave (1100 watt) , unwrapped on a paper plate, then cut while warm with a serrated knife...

They will be warm to hot when they come out of the microwave!!

MUCH easier to hang onto in the shower!!!

Glad to hear you didn't break anything. I bet that hurt!!!

Honored Contributor

@PatsShoes I agree with you.   I don't want to buy anything in those huge containers.  

I was interested in the Philosophy TSV, but passed due to the sizes.  Instead, I ordered regular sized shower gel and body lotion from the Philosophy website on Sunday.  20% off, free shipping, sizes that are better for me.  I have enough of the spray fragrances, so not having to get that wasn't of concern to me. 

Regular Contributor

@Othereeeen wrote:

@PatsShoes 

Those giant  9 oz bars of Beekman bathsoap will do that kind of damage too if they drop onto your foot!!!

I cut them in half.  About one minute in the microwave (1100 watt) , unwrapped on a paper plate, then cut while warm with a serrated knife...

They will be warm to hot when they come out of the microwave!!

MUCH easier to hang onto in the shower!!!

Glad to hear you didn't break anything. I bet that hurt!!!

Thank you for this! My entire family loves those bars, but yes they are BIG...and this is a great tip! 

I live about 20 minutes from the Beekman farm here in upstate NY, and visit their store in Sharon Springs all the time.

And yes, the "toe incident" was very painful...but the worst part was that it happened a few weeks before my DD's wedding and my swollon toes would not fit into the pretty shoes I had picked out. I had to go buy an open toe flat sandal instead...oh well...at least it wasn't broken.

Trusted Contributor

So, I guess it just depends on how tall and deep your shower ledges are, but I keep three in that size and have never had one fall. 

I do think Philosophy bottles or any other shower gel needs to be wiped down so there is no residue on the bottle to make them slippery, but I just do that automatically. 

Trusted Contributor

@PatsShoes @Othereeeen  After thinking about this dilemma, I have decided I am now afraid to even get in the shower! 

I can be just like Shawn now! Woman Very Happy

Contributor
All this talk made me rethink having any large bottle up high. Even if you have nice sized shelves like we do they can easily be dropped. Thinking I should use just travel size bottles. I have plenty of them. You can buy them for little cost at Wegmans, Target etc.
Trusted Contributor

@diyproud  That's a sensible thing to do.

Me? I will probably just continue to live dangerously. Woman Wink

Contributor
😂 Love it!!