Frequent Contributor

I haven't used Amazing Grace scent in years, and was debating ordering the TSV until I read all the terrible reviews on specifically the EDP.  Has it gotten that bad? Wondered what you guys have to say.

Esteemed Contributor

@wonderfulworld

I found that too with  Philosphy.   The fragrance isn't what it use to be.  I recently returnd Amazing Grace duo because while it smelled nice, it didn't last.  I kept spraying and sraying and 10 mintes after no smell.  I even asked my honey to smell to see what he thought and he said I can't smell anything.  I returned them.  That is why I am not sure I want to order it because I have a feeling I will be disappointed and I am tired of returning  stuff and paying shipping fees even if only one way.  But thank you for responding.   Yes, fragrance is very personal.

Honored Contributor

@Teddixat  Pure Grace is a lovely fragrance.  It is a very clean NON flowery fragrance.  Yes, it is soap and water clean but in a good way.  

kindness is strength
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@Cwoldie wrote:

I think it’s a good price for what you’re getting. Where can you buy 4oz perfume for $79?

i was in Sephora yesterday around noon. I put a spritz of pure  grace on one wrist and ballet rose on the other. At 9pm I could still smell them both but ballet rose was stronger. Ended up ordering Ballet Rose.

This is one of the few things I order from Q.  It is a good price and I love philosphy.  I just used up my Summer Grace from the last special and it still smells nice.  I am anxious to try the fresh creme soft suede.  Amazing Grace is a wonderful fragrance as well.  That is what I am ordering.  Have a nice Saturday Everybody.Smiley Happy

@sunshine 919 For what you’re getting, it’s an excellent price.  Hope you enjoy your great purchase!

Trusted Contributor

I am so done with Philosophy.  Products have only a trace of scent and it dissipates rapidly.  Waste of money.  Philosophy is a far cry from what it once was. Sigh

Honored Contributor

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@Cwoldie wrote:

I think it’s a good price for what you’re getting. Where can you buy 4oz perfume for $79?

i was in Sephora yesterday around noon. I put a spritz of pure  grace on one wrist and ballet rose on the other. At 9pm I could still smell them both but ballet rose was stronger. Ended up ordering Ballet Rose.

This is one of the few things I order from Q.  It is a good price and I love philosphy.  I just used up my Summer Grace from the last special and it still smells nice.  I am anxious to try the fresh creme soft suede.  Amazing Grace is a wonderful fragrance as well.  That is what I am ordering.  Have a nice Saturday Everybody.Smiley Happy

@sunshine 919 For what you’re getting, it’s an excellent price.  Hope you enjoy your great purchase!

Hey Bling how are you?Smiley Happy 

Respected Contributor

I did order and receive this years TSV in Pure Grace. I was reluctant  to because I ordered and returned 2017's due to the fact that the shower gel smelled like 'roast turkey'. I kid you not.

This years shower gel smells just fine...not very strong but it is Pure Grace.

I like the whipped body creme the best.

The EDP is fine...can't tell if it lasts longer or not and the bottle is pretty big and not so easy to handle as the 2 oz.

All in all I am very satisfied with this years TSV.

Esteemed Contributor

I am a fan of the original Pure Grace.  It no longer has the quaity control of Christina Carlino when she was in Phoenix, AZ.

Honored Contributor

I'm surprised that anyone thought this was overpriced.  I've paid almost that price for just a body lotion/cream in some of the fragrances I use. 

I bought a duo last year that was a TSV that was just a very large whipped body cream and a spray fragrance.  I got the FIL scent and it definitely lasts. 

I really didn't need this set and had no intention of buying it but I ended up ordering the Pure Grace Nude Rose.  I hope I like it.  I'm not a fan of Pure Grace at all but I thought maybe the floral added would be nice.  I love Stella by Stella McCartney which is a rose scent which is why I thought I might like this.   

Trusted Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I'm surprised that anyone thought this was overpriced.  I've paid almost that price for just a body lotion/cream in some of the fragrances I use. 

I bought a duo last year that was a TSV that was just a very large whipped body cream and a spray fragrance.  I got the FIL scent and it definitely lasts. 

I really didn't need this set and had no intention of buying it but I ended up ordering the Pure Grace Nude Rose.  I hope I like it.  I'm not a fan of Pure Grace at all but I thought maybe the floral added would be nice.  I love Stella by Stella McCartney which is a rose scent which is why I thought I might like this.   

I passed on the TSV since I don't like having all of those oversized containers around.  I did smell the Pure Grace Nude Rose this week in Ulta and I liked it hopefully you will too.