Occasional Contributor

Re: Philosophy Purity TSV 2/9/18

I also love Purity.  I’ve used it for many years. I’ve never had any problem with it burning my eyes.

Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1

it is full of chemicals the worst being parabens.  Most cosmetic companies have removed parabens from their cosmetics.  Don’t understand why Philosophy continues to use them.   I started out using it many years ago and it is effective in removing makeup but I found it harsh and then I found out how dangerous parabens are

Valued Contributor

Philosophy products for the face made me break out.  My dermatologist told me that it contains one ingredient (don't remeber which) that can cause people with sensitive skin to break out.  Have never used it since.

Trusted Contributor

From Beautypedia:  This cleanser is overloaded with irritating ingredients. The fact that it is listed as “Best of Sephora” merely means that lots of Sephora customers are using a cleanser that is hurting their skin. Fragrant oils are abundant in this cleanser, and all of them contain volatile components that are irritating to skin. Philosophy also included black pepper extract, just in case the fragrant oils weren’t irritating enough.

Those of you who use this cleanser may not see the irritation it causes because most of the irritation is taking place under the skin, where collagen is being damaged and free-radical damage is being generated, but it is happening nonetheless. For the health of your skin and your beauty budget, please consider switching to a truly gentle water-soluble cleanser.

Valued Contributor

wrote:

I also love purity.  Been using it for 18 years.  Skin is clear and makeup optional.  Don't need the TSV, but it's a good price.  Interested to hear about the new product.

If you have been using Purity for 18 yrs. than you know the formula has changed. It is less effective and can irritate your eyes. Most products have changed. The fragrances, micro peel 2 step, etc. Coty has ruined this line.

Respected Contributor

I have extremely sensitive skin and I have used Purity for years. Love it and this TSV is super. Smiley Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

I agree that is either love or hate.  I for one...hate.  I tried it and it burned my face and eyes so bad I couldn't get it off my face fast enough.  And I never thought I had sensitive skin.  And I have tried retinol products that I have not had that reaction to.  I was in a store that started with U.  She wanted to clean my face with purity.  I said no way and told her why.  She said no one has ever told her that before.  Another woman walked by me and said that she has had the same reaction.  So that made me feel better that I was not the only one.  Everyones skin is different.