Trusted Contributor

Philosophy -Eau de toliet vs Parfum

What is the difference between Eau de toilet , parfum and just fragrance spray. I know Parfum is the strongest.  I am toying with getting this TSV, but i dknow that there is a chance it isn't as strong smelling as it once had been.  but i miss my Amazing Grace!

Valued Contributor

Re: Philosophy -Eau de toliet vs Parfum

[ Edited ]

Perfume sprays are around 20-30% concentration of scent, Toilette is around 15-20%. So it has much less concentration of scent. However, to be honest no philosophy scents lasts longer than an hour on me. Summer grace lasts longest but the rest, the scent is gone as soon as i spray it. Philosophy as great as they smell is one of the worst performing longevity perfumers I've tried. Doesn't matter if its perfume of frgrance spray, it never lasts. 

Trusted Contributor

After torturing myself all day.. do i get the TSV ,, yes ,, no.. yes ,, no

I finally just said no.. i love the smell but if it doens.t last then what is the point. its a lot of money for the TSV for lotion and body soap scub and perfume

Honored Contributor

From FraganceX:

The differences are simply a matter of the amount or concentration of oils in the fragrance. The highest concentration is in pure perfume (or parfum). Next would be Eau de Parfum, then Eau de Toilette, and finally Eau de Cologne. Some manufacturers make a solid perfume, solid perfume is as strong as a pure perfume however it is in a gel-like consistency. Eau De Toilette and Eau De Cologne are generally interchangeable, especially in Men's fragrances.

Since Philosophy labels some of their fragrances as EDPs or EDTs, I have no clue what concentration is their simple "spray fragrance." But I would imagine it is a very low concentration -- maybe like a body spray.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland