Honored Contributor

Re: Peter Thomas Roth TSV...thoughts?

[ Edited ]

I believe in the effectiveness of Retin-A/Tretinoin over Retinol because Retin-A doesn't have to go through any metabolic changes to become retinoic acid and able to be received by the skin. Retinol is weaker than Retin-A to begin with and still has to go through a couple of those metabolic changes but weakens with each one. I always wondered/doubted how effective it could actually be after that.  I decided to give the PTR retinol a try right now anyway, mainly for use on certain parts of my body, to see if it could address crepiness.  We'll see what happens. 🤷‍♀️

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Karie2022 wrote:

My thought is what's the shelf life of that huge bottle, how stable is it....I get my retinol through my dermatologist from a compounding pharmacy -it comes in a small tube that lasts for about 3 months.

@Karie2022 

Sounds like that tube from your derm is Retin-A (tretinoin) which is not the same thing as what is contained in the PTR TSV, retinol. Prescription products contain Retin-A not retinol.

As for the stability of either, it mostly depends on encapsulation of the retinoid meaning "micro" Retin-A or slow-release retinol. Plus how the retinoid is packaged. Retinoids include Retin-A and retinol.

Respected Contributor

Using this nightly for years. Really helps with aging-

hardly any wrinkles or enlarged pores at all and I'm 70.

I also use Dr Denese unwrinkle pads daily in am and Tatcha peony under eye cream. All with excellent results.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RespectLife wrote:

@KatieB wrote:

@jackthebear   Yes I would recommend this serum.  My skin does look better when I use this serum.  I do believe it help with the wrinkles.  It doesn't get rid of them altogether, but they do look less pronounced.

I am with @KatieB 

My derm recommended Retinol to help w/ the rosacea I recently developed.

It hasn't stopped the redness, but gosh YES, I can see a dif in the wrinkles...esp crows feet which are barely noticeable now.

@RespectLife @jackthebear   I forgot to mention that if you buy this serum and use it, don't forget to shake the bottle before using it.  For a long time I didn't shake the bottle (I didn't read the directions) and I don't think the serum worked as well as it does after I started shaking before using.  Just thought I'd mention this.  And a little goes a long way.

Honored Contributor

Looking forward to your review...hope it works!

Honored Contributor

@IMW   Does the eye cream contain caffeine?  I've found the efficacy of eye cream is lessen if it doesn't.

Honored Contributor

Yes, thank you @KatieB 

I did know to shake!!

Respected Contributor

I don't know, I'm using it to counteract pinkness and pealing around eye and lids due to glaucoma med. It makes the entire eye area softly pearlescent. Removes discoloration, lines etc.

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Karie2022 wrote:

My thought is what's the shelf life of that huge bottle, how stable is it....I get my retinol through my dermatologist from a compounding pharmacy -it comes in a small tube that lasts for about 3 months.

@Karie2022 

Sounds like that tube from your derm is Retin-A (tretinoin) which is not the same thing as what is contained in the PTR TSV, retinol. Prescription products contain Retin-A not retinol.

As for the stability of either, it mostly depends on encapsulation of the retinoid meaning "micro" Retin-A or slow-release retinol. Plus how the retinoid is packaged. Retinoids include Retin-A and retinol.

Good to know😀

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Honored Contributor

I have absolutely no interest in a PTR cosmetic TSV, but I wish he'd offer a jewelry TSV again sometime soon.