Respected Contributor

Re: Peter Thomas Roth TSV...thoughts?

@chiclet  @KatieB  @IMW or anyone else who has the huge bottle of PTR retinol, I have a question. I just got it and plan on using the little bottle and then replenish it with the larger bottle as needed. Do any of you do this and then keep the larger bottle in the fridge? I'm sure this has been addressed in some previous post about this product but I'm having a hard time sifting through all the replies. I don't keep my other retinols (Neutrogena, ROC, Olay) in the fridge but I go through them quickly enough. With this bottle being so big I just wondered about it. Thanks for any thoughts!   

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@pupwhipped   No, I have not done that.  I think it would be a mess to refill the small dropper bottle from the large one.  I haven't looked at the small dropper bottle, so I  may be wrong.   

And  no, I do not keep the large bottle in the fridge.  I use directly from the large bottle by shaking the amount I need into the palm of my left hand and apply to face using my right hand (fingers on right hand).  Then wipe what's left on my left hand onto my neck.  I'm right handed.

I would not refrigerate the serum.

Respected Contributor

@KatieB, thank you very much. You may be right about the big mess with the bottle. That's just an idea I had. I got the order yesterday and tore into the little bottle applying some last night. So far so good. Thanks again.  

Honored Contributor

My order arrived the other day.  I started using it last night. Just a couple shakes from the big bottle is plenty for both forearms.  I decided to try it on my face (will alternate with Tretinoin). At first, I wasn't so sure I'd like it, due to the oily feel, but it soaked in quickly without any long lasting oily residue.  

Honored Contributor

@pupwhipped wrote:

@chiclet  @KatieB  @IMW or anyone else who has the huge bottle of PTR retinol, I have a question. I just got it and plan on using the little bottle and then replenish it with the larger bottle as needed. Do any of you do this and then keep the larger bottle in the fridge? I'm sure this has been addressed in some previous post about this product but I'm having a hard time sifting through all the replies. I don't keep my other retinols (Neutrogena, ROC, Olay) in the fridge but I go through them quickly enough. With this bottle being so big I just wondered about it. Thanks for any thoughts!   

@pupwhipped I do.  In fact, I had an even smaller bottle I had from one of his 4 pc sets from years ago.  It didn't have the dropper, but had the same little insert that the big bottle has.  I just pry them both off and pour from the larger bottle into the smaller bottle. It is hard to see though, so you have to be careful not to overfill.  I don't have the counter space to keep that large bottle out.  I don't refrigerate the opened larger bottle though. Not sure if I should or not.  I put the little insert back in and then the top.  I think the size of the insert is the same for both the larger and smaller bottles.  I like that better than the dropper.  

As far as results, for me it's more about skin clarity and maybe pore size.  I know my pore size is smaller than it used to be, but that could just be that my skin is not as oily as it used to be.  I don't have any wrinkles except the large horizontal one on my forehead and a "1" between my eyes and I haven't seen any changes in those.  I also recently started using Tretinoin (Retin A) gel 1X/wk and the PTR on other nights, but the results I've seen are from before I started using that.