Valued Contributor

Peter Thomas Roth TSV question

I bought the last PTR set on TSV and have been using it for a little while. It seems like my skin is having the hydration sucked right out of it.
Does retinol dry skin out? I thought it was supposed to plump it up.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Peter Thomas Roth TSV question

[ Edited ]

I do not use retinol, but I think it does dry skin out. It irritates mine.....

do not use it everyday

Honored Contributor

@Quse wrote:

I bought the last PTR set on TSV and have been using it for a little while. It seems like my skin is having the hydration sucked right out of it.

Yes, retinol can dry and irritate skin.

When I was on prescription Retin-A for acne as a teenager, the instructions were to start using it twice a week for 2 weeks, then every other day for 2 weeks, then every day to build tolerance. Even though retinol isn't as strong, I still abide by those rules for both retinol and "daily" peel pads. I also have sensitive skin and this build up helps me.

You'll need to find out what works for you, but depending on the product, I find that every other day works best for me. It gives me the benefits without the irritation.

Valued Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@Quse wrote:

Yes, retinol can dry and irritate skin.

When I was on prescription Retin-A for acne as a teenager, the instructions were to start using it twice a week for 2 weeks, then every other day for 2 weeks, then every day to build tolerance. Even though retinol isn't as strong, I still abide by those rules for both retinol and "daily" peel pads. I also have sensitive skin and this build up helps me.

You'll need to find out what works for you, but depending on the product, I find that every other day works best for me. It gives me the benefits without the irritation.

I haven't used it every day, probably 3 times in a week. Sometimes I can feel it irritating, other times it seems fine (same with Dr Gross products, which I'm leaning toward liking better at this point) I used it last night and when I woke up this morning, my skin was bagged, like the moisture had drained out of it.
I bought this TSV specifically bcz they said it's less irritating, time released, blah blah..
I think the Unwrinkle Night cream is actually making wrinkles and the retinol is too drying.
I guess I'm not certain what retinol is supposed to do, but it doesn't appear to be doing what it is supposed to do...lol
Maybe this line just isn't for me.