Respected Contributor

Re: Pereia storage containers

I ordered 2 sets, gray and black dot, and they arrived today.  Opened the gray set and yes, they have an odor.  Put them together and placed in the garage to air out.  Did not open the other set yet, but if the smell does not go away I will return them both.

Occasional Visitor

I ordered the sea foam color.  There is a horrible chemical/plastic smell.  They do tell you to air them out.  I tried indoors but my asthma was bothered.  Used my inhaler and moved them to a detached unheated shed.  They have been there for 3 days with Windows open and the smell still is awful.  These boxes seem great.  I guess my 30 day period will be to air them out.  They may have to go back.

Honored Contributor

I finally aired mine out the correct way according to the directions--open and assembled.  I left them in the garage several hours then overnight.  Brought them in this morning and odor is minimal.  Started organizing with them.  (I bought the purple.)

Contributor

I put the black polka dot out on my porch for 2 days & the smell has lessened but I didn’t assemble them so I will do that & that should do the trick

Honored Contributor

Put mine in the closets today and don't notice the odor.  I aired them out as instructed.  Now my mind is trying to figure out the best use for them.  I have plenty of things that need organizing, but not sure which route to take.  I have put them in the closets of two spare bedrooms.  Maybe out of season items?  Purses that I seldom use?  Any ideas?  I started one with throws that are holiday themed.  Only have one so plenty of room for other items.  Plus I have the other 3 empty so far.  

Respected Contributor

I got mine on Friday....opened and set them up...unzipped lid put in upstairs bedroom...they had a slight smell.  Within a few hours the smell filled my home.  My husband came home wondering what stunk so bad!  

I left them up and open airing out....also did what the label said...wiped with a damp cloth only nothing else.  Today I can no longer smell the odor.  I believe these will be fine now THANK GOODNESS but the real test is to pack some clothing inside and zip up and check them a few days later...if the items reek then these are a dud.  Will post back on my experiment later this week.

Respected Contributor

@Daysdee

I also aired mine out in the garage overnite and the odor is barely noticeable.  I am going to wipe them out as someone posted before I store things in them.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I live in an apartment, so there is no where to air them out. Very dissappointed in this  purchase.  The smell was very bad.  I returned them a few days ago.

Respected Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

Put mine in the closets today and don't notice the odor.  I aired them out as instructed.  Now my mind is trying to figure out the best use for them.  I have plenty of things that need organizing, but not sure which route to take.  I have put them in the closets of two spare bedrooms.  Maybe out of season items?  Purses that I seldom use?  Any ideas?  I started one with throws that are holiday themed.  Only have one so plenty of room for other items.  Plus I have the other 3 empty so far.  

Daysdee:  I ordered several sets of these and I love them.  The storage room in my basement looked like a hurricane went through it and I just had enough and knew I had to do something.  I used these to sort my jeans (both cropped and long), sweaters, summer clothing, extra sets of sheets, extra towels, my DH's things, I have a ton of those Chinese mesh slippers which I live in as I hate heavy slippers so I filled one with them, etc.  I stacked them and now it looks so neat and organized and I can find everything.  I am waiting for another shipment to do my hall closet where I keep a ton of winter scarfs, wraps, my dogs clothing and her toys.  Will put these in the individual boxes and it will be so organized.   I can never find anything as it just gets so messy.  These boxes keep everything in its place and you can see what you have.

Honored Contributor

@mia 2@lovesallanimals@Catch71@tsavorite@Daysdee

I am disappointed that these are so heavy!

They are going back.

I guess they are meant to created nearly shelving-type stability, but this wasn’t what i was expecting.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~