Valued Contributor

Has anyone received this set yet?  Last year's set had a bad odor.  Wonder if this year's set smells okay.  So far there is 1 review that rated them a 4, but one cannot read what they wrote.  

Super Contributor

Re: Pereia storage containers

I was going to order these today because of the free shipping.  But I don't want to deal with any odor issues so I'll have to pass.  I'm very sensitive to odors.  I think I'll just find what I want on Amazon Prime.  I'm sure I'll be just as happy.

Valued Contributor

Are these made by the same company as the set from last year?  If so, one would think they woud have solved the odor problem to redo it as a TSV.

Valued Contributor

So far 2 people wrote in that these have the bad vinyl smell.  Sorry I ordered them.  Will have to return.  Anyone else receive them yet?

Honored Contributor

Mine arrrived today.  Seem to have an odor, but I'm hoping it goes away after they are out of the plastic.  ???  My first experience with this brand.  (got the purple)

Valued Contributor

Daysdee-Would you let us know if you get the odor out or if it goes away?  Thanks in advance.  It will help me and  others know what to do about the odor.  Mia2

Highlighted
Contributor

I just received the polka dot & took them out of the box in my bedroom. My daughter in law asked me if I smelled a burning smell or if I had sprayed anything. It was the containers. I have them sitting on my porch & hopefully the smell goes away or they will be going back

Honored Contributor

I put one out in the garage to see what that does.  The odor isn't horrible, but there is definitely an odor to them.  My first order of this brand.  I will post results of whether or not airing them out helps.   

Honored Contributor

The one I took out of the plastic and put in the garage seems to have lost some of the odor.    I wonder how many returns they will get on these?   I'm going to wait a few days to see if the odor level is better.    Disappointed that this is even an issue.

Respected Contributor

I just received mine today and there was no smell at all.  I ordered the navy with the flowers (love it!).  Maybe the others like the purple paisley had a smell as the dye/color was different?  I was so ready to return these after reading about the smell and was so relieved that there was none.