Regular Contributor

I have a challenge for us all.

Instead of forking out $53 + to wear a baggy sweatshirt splattered with an affirmation of "peace and love", let's use that same money applied as a charitable donation. 

Send it to a fund that will actually help someone's peace, perhaps by providing food, water, or shelter. 

I am making a donation as soon as I log off here. Seriously. Please join me. Thank you!!

Honored Contributor

@appleseed

That is a little presumptuous to tell others how to spend their money and of you how do you know how much anyone on here has sent in contributions

@appleseed wrote:

I have a challenge for us all.

Instead of forking out $53 + to wear a baggy sweatshirt splattered with an affirmation of "peace and love", let's use that same money applied as a charitable donation. 

Send it to a fund that will actually help someone's peace, perhaps by providing food, water, or shelter. 

I am making a donation as soon as I log off here. Seriously. Please join me. Thank you!!

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

We have a wonderful animal rescue in our area that does absolutely amazing things for the animals they rescue.....so I sent my donation to them....because they provide peace and love to the animal world.😊 Great idea Appleseed.😊

Honored Contributor

Re: Peace and love

[ Edited ]

OP: You know nothing about how any of us spend our money and what charities we give to. What a nerve.

Honored Contributor

for some reason, this line of clothing is divisive here, 

not sure why it is just clothing, we don't all have to like or wear the same thing.

Or get judgy about it by telling viewers to divert their money to a charity 

Tomorrow there will be other stuff to buy 

Honored Contributor

I don't need a challange to get me to donate to a charity and don't need to announce that I have given to any charity - but I do want that sweatshirt and no one is going to tell me not to get something I really really like and want!!!!

Honored Contributor

@Pook wrote:

I don't need a challange to get me to donate to a charity and don't need to announce that I have given to any charity - but I do want that sweatshirt and no one is going to tell me not to get something I really really like and want!!!!

buy it !!!

Trusted Contributor

@appleseed Thank you!  Giving to others and to ourselves helps to make a balanced life. Continue! 👏

Regular Contributor

I certainly do not intend to cause any divisiveness, and I absolutely do not intend to tell you "how to spend" your money. (Are you actually giving me that power in your minds?") Smiley Wink 

I merely saw an opportunity for us to think differently about our funds. If we are affirming peace and love, let's act on it, right?! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@appleseed wrote:

I certainly do not intend to cause any divisiveness, and I absolutely do not intend to tell you "how to spend" your money. (Are you actually giving me that power in your minds?") Smiley Wink 

I merely saw an opportunity for us to think differently about our funds. If we are affirming peace and love, let's act on it, right?! Smiley Happy

not saying you did but just reading here and other places I read opinions are VERY strong about this line.  

I was speaking generally :=)