Honored Contributor

@RollTide2008 wrote:
I can’t tell you the last time I ever closed the zipper on my handbag. Nothing bad has ever happened.

@RollTide2008    You never stopped suddenly in the car and your bag and its contents went all over the floor?  When I commuted, that happened about once a week.  No puppy, kitty, or very young child ever got into your bag?

If not, you've led a charmed life.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@RollTide2008 wrote:
I can’t tell you the last time I ever closed the zipper on my handbag. Nothing bad has ever happened.

@RollTide2008    You never stopped suddenly in the car and your bag and its contents went all over the floor?  When I commuted, that happened about once a week.  No puppy, kitty, or very young child ever got into your bag?

If not, you've led a charmed life.

@Kachina624 , I typically don't zip my handbag either because I like to just grab stuff out of it or drop stuff in it.  However, I do have to go through a metal detector to get into court and I have to put my purse on the belt to go through the x-ray machine.  In that instance, I do zip my purse.  Not sure what would happen if there was just a snap.  I wouldn't want to have to clean up the contents of my purse off that belt with a line of people behind me.  LOL 

I also just last week heard on the news that you should always have your handbag closed when you are out and about, especially grocery shopping.  People are putting their purses in the cart and then turn away to get something off a shelf and someone sticks their hand into the purse and grabs.  It's becoming a real problem.

Honored Contributor

I have to say that I never take my handbag off my shoulders to put in a cart.  You are asking for trouble.  I saw that happen in a grocery store thank goodness they caught the person taking it.

Honored Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

I have to say that I never take my handbag off my shoulders to put in a cart.  You are asking for trouble.  I saw that happen in a grocery store thank goodness they caught the person taking it.

I do set my purse in the seat area of the cart sometimes, but it's zipped closed and I always l secure it to the cart when I do.

Respected Contributor
I put my handbag on the drivers side passenger seat floor. If it tips over, it will tip against the front seat. I don’t have a puppy and I guess my cat has a over average manners as he doesn’t play in my purse. When I go through the metal detector at the federal building, I place my handbag and computer bag together in a plastic bin. It’s fine.
Respected Contributor
I don’t even take my purse into the supermarket. I use a small crossbody that I leave on throughout my trip. I’ve also never had any issues with snap closure bags. Funny story though: I used to have a Westie, Bert. Years ago my barbershop quartet was practicing at my home. My friend left her open purse on the floor by a chair. We rehearsed and when we were finished, Jen picked up her purse. She exclaimed The stack of envelopes is missing. My bill payments! Meanwhile here comes Bert, skulking around the corner with that pile of envelopes in his mouth. He gave such a goofy doggy smile when apprehended. 🥰

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

Man I should have bought this bag when it was a TS. It has all 5 star reviews, now a Customer Pick. Ppl are calling it the perfect bag. I may pull the trigger anyway.

Yesterday at Dillard's I snagged a PN crossbody with a tooled leather front flap. It's beautiful. On sale for $137. 

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

@fairydogmother @Sir Cancelot @RollTide2008 @JeanLouiseFinch @Pecky   If you like Patricia Nash, there is a wallet on today's lunchtime special for just $39.  A great deal, but I just bought one of their limon design wallets yesterday for under $50, but they have many colors available including black.  With free shipping!

A390997

......You look like I need a drink.....