Frequent Contributor

Parabens in Dr Denese hydroshield?

Customer Care:  Are there Parabens (methylparaben/propylparaben) in the TSV Hydroshield serum? Under product description for "single shipment" there are NO ingredients listed;however, under the "auto delivery", ingredients are shown which do NOT list parabens; however again, under the product questions, 1 asked about parabens & there is a one-word answer of "YEP".  As I will not use anything with parabens, please state which products in today's TSV have any parabens.

Regular Contributor

Re: Parabens in Dr Denese hydroshield?

Yes....

Honored Contributor

I read an article that said it has never been proven that parabens cause cancer, even though the chemical was found in cancerous breast tissue. Cosmetic companies removed them because women were up in arms about that finding and would not buy product that used it. The female chemist who sells Isomers' on Evine said as much when asked about that during one of her shows. MM said there a alot worse preservatives cosmetic companies will use now because they no long use parabens.

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

I read an article that said it has never been proven that parabens cause cancer, even though the chemical was found in cancerous breast tissue. Cosmetic companies removed them because women were up in arms about that finding and would not buy product that used it. The female chemist who sells Isomers' on Evine said as much when asked about that during one of her shows. MM said there a alot worse preservatives cosmetic companies will use now because they no long use parabens.

@blackhole99, true, but unfortunately once misinformation like this is out there, it is continually perpetuated until it appears to be factual. It's virtually impossible to refute it.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Nope. No parabens. The preservative is Phenoxyethanol. That's a pretty good one.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr