Frequent Contributor

PURCHASED THE "ARTIC EXPEDITION COAT"....BIG DISAPPOINTMENT!

i WAN WONDERING IF ANYONE ENCOUNTERED THE SAME ISSUES THAT I HAVE AFTER PURCHASING THE "ARTIC EXPEDITON" TSV?...I AM 5'2" TALL AND I DON'T KNOW WHY THEY DON'T MAKE THESE COATS IN "PETITE" SIZES?  i RECEIVED THE COAT TODAY AND THE "ZIPPER" ON THE BOTTOM DOESN'T "OPEN"!!! I TRIED FOR ONE HALF HOUR TO PULL IT DOWN TO GET INTO THE COAT AND NOTHING HAPPENED!....ALSO, BECAUSE I AM SHORT, THE CUFFS WHICH ARE SUPPOSED TO BE "ELASTIC" DID NOT FIT CLOSE TO MY WRIST WHICH I DON'T UNDERSTAND!...IT SHOULD START SMALL IF IT IS ELASTIC AND STRETCH IF YOU HAVE A LARGER WRIST.  AND, THE HOOD IS "IMPOSSIBLE" TO MOVE THE STRINGS TO MAKE IT TIGHTER SO THAT IT FITS YOUR FACE.  THIS WAS A BIG DISAPPOINTMENT TO ME!!!!  HAS ANYONE ELSE ENCOUNTERED THESE PROBLEMS WITH THIS COAT?

Honored Contributor

Re: PURCHASED THE "ARTIC EXPEDITION COAT"....BIG DISAPPOINTMENT!

No, not me because I didn't buy it.

At my age I am more than aware that I must have a petite size coat.  I won't even look at a coat that is not petite sized...the same for dresses.

Most of my coats come from Lands End.  They have great sales and most of their jackets and coats come in petite sizes.

Why take  a chance on a misses or woman's size if you know you need a petite size?

Esteemed Contributor

I ordered this AE coat (I think the same one) last year and have never worn it. I had some family things going on at the time, and just didn't take the time to send it back. I found the bottom zipper to be difficult; the coat was far too heavy for me; the fabric was too stiff; and with the hood attached, I felt like I was in a coccoon. It was a bad purchase on my part, and will go in the donor bag as soon as I can figure out where to take it! I'm sorry you had problems with yours.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SweetSpice 

For uncooperative zippers.......

Screen Shot 2020-11-24 at Tue, Nov 24, 2020-7.04.21 PM.png

is a girls BBF

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

That big logo on the sleeve made that an easy pass for me.  

Esteemed Contributor

Oh yes..............you are going through what I did last year.  That's a nightmare of a coat.........impossible zippers - feel like trapped in a space suit - way to heavy - a horrible coat, etc.

However, watching presentation this year it appeared (from TV)  perhaps they reduced the amount of 'stuffing'. 

I laughed when I saw it.........it's backkkkkkkk

It took me 10 seconds to know it was being returned.

Regular Contributor

I very rarely purchase TSV but wait for the reviews to come in. Yes I may pay more later on or it may be totally sold out but in the long run it has saved me $$$. Plus no hassle of a return.

Esteemed Contributor

I received mine today and it is going back.  The sleeves are too long and the knit cuff was loose.  Plus it is too heavy.  Not flattering at all.

Esteemed Contributor

Send it back, and why all the CAPS.

Respected Contributor

I received my TSV Arctic Expedition jacket today and I love it.  It is heavier but I can tell this is a serious cold weather coat (I live in the Midwest and it gets cold here) and very well made.  Plus I wanted a heavier jacket that I could wear to November football games (hopefully next year) when I’m sitting outside in the cold for four hours or more and sometimes snowing.   I’m a size 6 (and usually a petite) so I ordered the xs and it is perfect with a bit of room for a heavier sweater. The sleeves are a little long (cuff just over the top of my hand rather than at wrist) but very workable.  And the hood is not gigantic on the xs.  In my opinion this jacket was a great find.