Contributor

I a m interested in this product but have a question.  i apologize, I have not had time to watch the presentation.

I use and love the PTR retinol. If you are applying retinol, is it necessary or is there any benefit to applying moisturizers with retinol in it? Just wondering what the benefit is in applying layers of retinol products.  Once you apply the serum, I'm wondering if moisturizers with retinol are overkill.

thank you!

Honored Contributor

I don't know the answer, but I had the same thought.  I use PTR retinol serum and one of his moisturizers.  Not sure the new retinol moisturizer is necessary.

I do, however, want the eye serum that's in this one, so I may order it and cancel another A/D of his that I have (that includes the facial cleanser that I don't use so much).

Honored Contributor

@Venezia @jc1457 

The ladies on this thread are discussing the product also

Who's Getting the Peter Thomas Roth TSV

Esteemed Contributor

Perhaps Peter makes an entire collection of products with retinol because the thinking may be some people are not going to buy everything (when purchasing the products singly).  They may choose the moisturizer creams only, therefore they still get some benefits of the retinol.  For those who buy the TSV, unless you're very sensitive I would guess it shouldn't be a problem layering the retinol products.  Perhaps if there is a rep for Peter on Facebook today taking questions the concern about layering retinol products can be addressed. 

Honored Contributor

Using the moisturizer alone might be just what some people might want to do to start out with. Then after their skin gets accustomed to retinol, they may start using the stronger formula of serum either layered or not.

Esteemed Contributor

I have been using his Retinol since last November.  I put it on every night.  To be honest, I don't see much of a difference.  I will use it up, but don't think I will get it again.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@jc1457 wrote:

I a m interested in this product but have a question.  i apologize, I have not had time to watch the presentation.

I use and love the PTR retinol. If you are applying retinol, is it necessary or is there any benefit to applying moisturizers with retinol in it? Just wondering what the benefit is in applying layers of retinol products.  Once you apply the serum, I'm wondering if moisturizers with retinol are overkill.

thank you!

@jc1457. Hi. I’ve never found it necessary to use retinol over retinol over retinol. I use Retin A at night....one product. It seems the same as applying 3 layers of spf when the first one is protecting your skin. What’s the point?

Contributor

Thank you everyone!  I am still on the fence. I've been using his retinol for almost 2 years. Not sure yet if I will buy the whole set.

Thanks again!

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I’m going to give it a try.  All of the sudden my facial skin has blown up with breakouts.  I’m 63 (on Sunday August 12) and my skin looks like it did in my teenage days.  That said, I have good skin (few wrinkles) otherwise due to genes (my mom had beautiful skin well into her 70s) and I exfoliate 1-2 times per week.  I’ve come to believe the moisturizer I used over the winter was responsible and I’ve discontinued using it.  Just too emollient in this heat, clogging my pores.  I’ve gone back to my original day moisturizer with SPF but haven’t found a night replacement.  I’m thinking this will replace my Tretinoin when it runs out.  My husband swears by the PTR cleanser and I really like his masks.  Free shipping takes some of the sting out of the need to return if I find it doesn’t work for me.

Edited to clarify:  I really like the PTR masks not my husband’s.  LOL