Super Contributor

Hello. I bought the recent MicrodermMD TSV and the directions say to apply serum after a treatment.  Would the PTR TSV be gentle enough for right after at home microdermabrasion?  Thanks.  

Honored Contributor

Re: PTR Serum and MicrodermMD

[ Edited ]

My derm told me to avoid using retinol for 3 days before and for 3 days after microdermabrasion is done. This is to avoid unnecessary irritation which may occur when using retinol. Same goes for other skin actives such as BHA or AHA.

Honored Contributor

I saw the presentation for the device, and the rep definitley said not to use it and retinol on same day. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shelbelle wrote:

I saw the presentation for the device, and the rep definitley said not to use it and retinol on same day. 

That's probably more like it, since were not talking about professional level microdermabrasion and Rx-strength serums here. I would still avoid retinol on the day before microdermabrasion as well as the same day and the day after that just to be sure. Retinol makes the skin somewhat sensitive, especially to exfoliation.

You can email or call the MicrodermMD company, TrophySkin dot com, and ask them what they would recommend doing.

Super Contributor

I heard not to use retinol too.  I like this serum though.  Any suggestions for a serum to follow up the microdermabrasion?  I tried it today and liked it.  Skin so soft. 

Honored Contributor

@philogirl 

Do you have a serum that you are using now? That would work. A good moisturizer, one without tint or SPF, would be fine also. The best thing to do is to keep your skin moisturized and keep it from drying out. No makeup until the next day if you can do that, too. 

Super Contributor

Thank you, SilleeMee.  I can use moisturizer.  I have a lot of sample sizes now.  Today I used a moisture gel from Clinique.  I don't have a serum right now, but I do like them.