Frequent Contributor

PTR Gives The Truth, Real Transparency, Unlike MANY OTHER BEAUTY MAKERS

[ Edited ]

HAVE A FUNDERDAY 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: PTR Gives The Truth, Real Transparency, Unlike MANY OTHER BEAUTY MAKERS

Is PTR being singled out?  I haven't gotten that impression, but then I haven't read every thread about this.

My question is, when American products are sold in China, are they opened up in China and tested or are they sold in the packaging that they receive it in?

I think it a childish way to respond by saying "we aren't the only ones that do this".  (sell in China) Just because others do it, certainly doesn't make it right.  I don't know what it takes to receive the not tested on animals sticker, but obviously, PTR doesn't qualify.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@ClassySassyGal 

Read his statement carefully, while he doesn't put the product in the bunnies eyes personally, he acknowledges that his products sold in China ARE tested on animals, per that government's laws.

And that he doesn't "knowingly purchase ingredients that have been tested on animals", key word being "knowingly", do they make any effort to find out?

1. . We do not knowingly purchase ingredients that have been tested on animals and inquire before purchasing ingredients but some staple ingredients that have been used in products for years may have been tested on animals in the past.

He's making excuses and even resorts to, "Ulta and Sephora do it too!".

Sure, lots of other cosmetics companies do it too and I boycott them as well,

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

Well, I tried his retinol serum, or whatever he calls it in the blue bottle.  It did absolutely nothing for me. Won't buy any of his products again.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

Do any of his products show a bunny on the bottle? Anyone know?

Frequent Contributor

Wouldnt it be great is all would be transparent? 

Have a great day  ....  LOLSmiley LOL

Frequent Contributor

I wish I had not posted the information .   I guess  people want to feel all cuddly about the  products they use .

Most  companies  never address the issue and hide in silence .  A bunny does not mean any more than the maker is saying they do not test on animals . That is exactly what Peter Thomas Roth says he or his company does not test on animals.

Have a great shopping day ! 

Trusted Contributor

I googled "Is Peter Thomas Roth cruelty free"  

The answer is as follows"  NO.  Peter Thomas Roth is NOT cruelty free as their products are sold in Mainland China where animal testing is required by law and they cannot guarantee raw materials supplies don't test on animals."

Trusted Contributor

I tried his Retinol product for over a year and it did absolutely nothing for me. Have seen awesome results using Paula's Choice products. 

Honored Contributor

Obviously you know nothing about what it takes to be certified 'cruelty free', maybe do some research.

But no matter how much you want to think that this brand is cruelty free, it's not.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.