Highlighted
Super Contributor

@Daysdee Shipping made me stop in my tracks and think and the 60 day warranty made me pass on this. It does look really tempting though.

Honored Contributor

I just wanted to thank you guys for helping me decide not to buy this TSV.

I don't even cook anymore, I mean, I really don't cook.  I eat out a lot.  I'm a widow and live alone.  It's not worth it for me to bother cooking a meal.  

I can't taste or smell much so I just don't get hungry.  That causes (so says all three of my Drs) to be over weight.  I simply don't eat enough food.

When I do eat, my body saves it.  I have no metabolism.

I thought 'if I buy this maybe I'll cook more'.  

But this morning I read everyone's posts and I thought, 'maybe (like you guys said) there's something better or just hold off.

So thank you for helping me see that it would be wise to wait a second.  See what else is out there, take a breath.

Fondly, Annabellethecat/Linda

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I just wanted to thank you guys for helping me decide not to buy this TSV.

But this morning I read everyone's posts and I thought, 'maybe (like you guys said) there's something better or just hold off.

So thank you for helping me see that it would be wise to wait a second.  See what else is out there, take a breath.

Fondly, Annabellethecat/Linda

--------    

Ditto, ditto, ditto!!  Have been considering an air fryer for a while now, but keep postponing!  Have looked at item on Amazon, HSN, Evine and other retailers.  Am not sure I would use it enough to justify any expense!

As an aside observation,  I keep hearing a fairly loud whirring noise while the TSV is being presented.  Would be so irritating!

Esteemed Contributor

I just ordered the TSV.  I have his other one (barrel shaped sort of) and I love it.  But would prefer a toaster-oven look, along with the convenience of cooking various foods at the same time and easier cleaning.

Figure I'll use my other one in the kitchen area downstairs so it will be put to good use.

Searched online and didn't find a better price anywhere else, including Kohls online.

I'm not pleased with the shipping charges, but, 1st stamps are now 55cents each(!); and by not including shipping costs in the item price, the sales tax is somewhat reduced.

@Annabellethecat66, doesn't Bill make you eat at least three-times a day?  My Eddy always lets me know - ahead of time - when it's time to eat!

Honored Contributor

I have a Phillips air fryer.  It works great, but I would like a larger one that can cook more than one food,in it at a time.

I love the idea of the air fryer oven, but the one shown has bad reviews on many sites.  I will wait until they are tweeked and improved.

It's too much money to waste buying a lemon.

Honored Contributor

I live alone and cook all my meals.  Seldom have the opportunity to eat out any more.  I love my air fryer, but really would like to get one in the new "oven" shape.  Someone posted Emeril's new one and it looks good to me if it comes out in various colors.   I think today's TSV will at some point come out "tweaked" some and probably at a better value.  I don't need all  those accessories and no place to store them.  The real deal-breaker was the high cost of shipping.

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I have a Phillips air fryer.  It works great, but I would like a larger one that can cook more than one food,in it at a time.

I love the idea of the air fryer oven, but the one shown has bad reviews on many sites.  I will wait until they are tweeked and improved.

It's too much money to waste buying a lemon.

I ordered it - hope I'm not disappointed!  The reviews I read on amazonsmile scored 3.8, 65% was 4-5 stars so thought that was pretty good.  They only had one or that model there so it was 217 reviews. Hope I like it 'cause I just went by those reviews!

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme  Bill (and his sister Katie) want to eat 24/7.  But it's mainly Katie that is NEVER full! 

Poor Bill, I always tell him, "You're just like me, Bill.  Everything I eat goes to my fat belly.  Yet Katie the cat never gains an ounce."

Every time I'm in the bathroom, Bill comes waltzing in and sits on the scale.  The other day it beeped at 11 lbs 7 ozs!

I said, "Bill, you've gained an oz".  Then my friend came over and she put him on the scale for fun (he just stood there) and he'd lost the oz!

I keep telling my friend I think Katie has thyroid problems (like Bill had) and she said they've tested her and she doesn't.  (She has been the Vet's nurse for maybe 15 years now).  It's wonderful to have as one of your best friend's the Vet's nurse.  If Bill sneezes she brings her stethoscope and listens to him.  She brings medicine, etc.  It's a win-win friendship.  We call her "Bill's other mom".

Bill eats special food ordered by prescription from Chewy.  He has problems (like a lot of males do) with kidney stones.  He won't drink water.  Katie eats everything that isn't nailed down!

hello, need to know how the microwave function works, can you reheat the food and what temperuter to use? thanks

Contributor

Re: POWER XL AIR FRYER OVEN

[ Edited ]

@lucy from ct wrote:Is the Power AirFryer Pro Elite good for making or reheating soups and sauces? Never cook or reheat liquids in the Power AirFryer Pro Elite.

hello, need to know how the microwave function works, can you reheat the food and what temperuter to use? thanks

There is no microwave function. This is an air fryer. It cooks with hot air, not microwaves. If you look on the product page, you can download the manual. I looked in there and it specifically says "Never cook or reheat liquids in the Power AirFryer Pro Elite." 

I know it lists microwave as one of the appliances this can replace, but I don't think so.