Does anyone know how the TSV air fryer oven is different from the one that I purchased from QVC in February?

Honored Contributor

Just want to comment on this subject--I would really like an air fryer in this new "oven" type shape.  I currently have the 3.5 qt. Power XL from QVC and love it, but not particularly fond of its appearance.  I briefly saw the new oven air fryer, but for myself I would not want all the additional attachments they showed with it.  I would not use a rotisserie so don't need all of that with the gloves, etc.  I would like an oven-shaped air fryer that would be easy to clean (not sure about this on the one shown).  Also would like the handle attached, but able to flip it up to close the door.  I noticed Eric had trouble with the handle falling off.  Maybe if we post what we would like, the next oven style air fryer will be revised and maybe both styles could be offered.   

Valued Contributor

@CLSIll 

i don't know which model you purchased in feb, but the models that have "oven" in the name, look like good old ovens, just smaller. most have a light and 2 or 3 racks.

you can cook a lot more food in the oven style air fryer. and "supposedly" do not have to turn the food, or not have to turn it as much. i don't have one . . . yet, so i can't say for sure that you don't have to turn anything.

in addition to air frying, the oven style models also bake and dehydrate.

as much as i want an oven style air fryer, i'm passing on this one, for a few reasons.

i think that sooner or later emeril's oven air fryer will be here. that one is much more of what i'm looking for in an oven air fryer. that, or the one by breville.

i want one that is more durable then the power xl and DEFINITELY one that has more than a 60 day money back guarantee.

Occasional Contributor

I tried the Power Air Fryer Oven but could not get rid of the plastic smell.  I did everything that Customer service told me to do. My entire house smelled BAD.  The food I tried cooking in it smelled just like the inside of the unit.  Stinky. So I returned it.  It cost me $56 to return it.  They do not pay to return it.  I also did not like that it only has a 60 day warranty.

I ended up buying the Cuisinart 60 Air Fryer Oven.  It has a 3 year warranty.  Using my Kohl's credit card and the 30% discount I ended up getting it for about $120 instead of $199.  And if you have problems they send you a new one with a return label.  You return the old one in the box they sent your new one in.  I love it.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Check Kohl's I saw the brand/style there today $119 and if you're charge customer additional % off. I have 30%. Other forms of payment I believe are 15%.

Although I'm not sure if it's the same specifications but to save a few dollars I'd check it out. 

Honored Contributor

Seem this is the TSV for Sunday.

Occasional Contributor

WHOA!

S&H $17.97???

Valued Contributor

Shipping is ridiculous and of course it was not mentioned even once the first hour.

Valued Contributor

i bought the one from two years ago and love it. do not need all those extra. plus 18.00 for shipping. pass 

Frequent Contributor

I have been using the power air fryer oven for about 2-years now, the older version now I guess.  It has a majority of the accessories...I don't need the oven gloves or cookbook. PLUS,  this TSV is 1500 watts whereas mine is supposed to be 1700 watts.

Why cut the power on this model?