Respected Contributor

Re: Our Place TSV - October 25, 2023

I sure don't need another pan in my kitchen!!

Hard pass. Cat Indifferent

Respected Contributor

would my sloppy joes taste better coming from $200 pans??😉🧐

Harmonize the World
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

There's a similar type pan on Amazon, but 11", and comes with the strainer, for $59.99 with a $20 coupon to apply.  I'd jump on that one (x2) before the TSV.

Respected Contributor

Too expensive, don't need two, and I have the Curtis Stone version, that I use, and wayyyy cheaper- 

PS, I don't see how this is deep enough to roast a chicken- It's a sauté pan- 

Respected Contributor

They keep emphasizing that this will replace your large cookware set and you can get rid of everything else.

I don't see how it can replace my larger stockpot.

Maybe nice for just one person with minimalist needs, sure.

Trusted Contributor

I've been reading some of the reviews on other sites and yes many are positive but some are really bad. Those are reminding me of the Green Pans Miss Joy put out many many years ago. Oh boy did that turn out to be a mess. All the bad reviews are just like the ones the Green Pan had. Starts off great and then disaster. 

Respected Contributor

I am curious to know how much time is passing between purchase and when these pans are supposed to go down the tubes, according to the reviews you are all finding.  I have had mine since the beginning of June of this year, and so far, so good, but I would like to know when to expect my pan to die.  Are there any hints in the reviews of what the unhappy user was doing with the pan when the non-stick finish quit working or peeled up, or what happened to cause the exterior finish to chip?  I'd like to know, in hopes of avoiding doing those things with my pan, to preserve it's lifetime.  So far I've only done stovetop stuff with it, but have used high burner heat from an electric stove and seen no damage..

And I am serious, here, I am NOT mocking or disputing what you all have read and reported, I honestly want to know what to avoid doing, because I love my Our Place pan!

Valued Contributor

My cookware is Cuisinart but if I bought a differing brand this looked great .
Honored Contributor

@CamilleP wrote:

I am curious to know how much time is passing between purchase and when these pans are supposed to go down the tubes, according to the reviews you are all finding.  I have had mine since the beginning of June of this year, and so far, so good, but I would like to know when to expect my pan to die.  Are there any hints in the reviews of what the unhappy user was doing with the pan when the non-stick finish quit working or peeled up, or what happened to cause the exterior finish to chip?  I'd like to know, in hopes of avoiding doing those things with my pan, to preserve it's lifetime.  So far I've only done stovetop stuff with it, but have used high burner heat from an electric stove and seen no damage..

And I am serious, here, I am NOT mocking or disputing what you all have read and reported, I honestly want to know what to avoid doing, because I love my Our Place pan!

@CamilleP I really don't know but I had mentioned the negative reviews.  If you are interested check to see what those 1 star reviews are saying.  You can see them here by clicking on the 1 star reviews and there are plenty of reviews on Amazon as well. 

Most of the reviews are positive but the negative ones appear to be after some use and are pretty bad.  

I guess I'm just skeptical since I have several pieces of LeCruest which is supposed to be amazing and I have been disappointed with how well it holds up.

I am thinking of adding a few new pieces of cookware to my kitchen and have been looking at a good quality stainless steel.  The brand that I'm interested in is Caraway and they have recently added stainless to their line.  I do have one stainless fry pan that is 15 years old and has held up very well. I can get it to look like it's almost new without a lot of elbow grease and it does a great job of cooking.  Unfortunately that brand is no longer around.

Visitor

[ Edited ]

Can you share the promo code online? TIA.