Honored Contributor

Oster XL Oven TSV - Question

I already have the original Oster oven, but I was wondering, is this one bigger or does the XL refer to the added functionality.

I like mine and have no plans on replacing it, but the one thing I saw I wish mine had was those indentations for the racks.  Mine has only two places to put the racks and they're too close together to put anthing except something really flat on that bottom rack if I also use the top rack.  

Valued Contributor

Re: Oster XL Oven TSV - Question

The info about the product states "Extra Large Capacity."

Trusted Contributor

I bought this one last year and it has indentations to move the racks.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonMom I was referring to the Oster French Door Oven before they added Air Fryer in.  They may have actually changed that design even before that, probably due to complaints. This was several years ago.  

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess 

I have the XL from last year and also had the original one that you have.  The additional racks seem to the only difference, supposedly it is more powerful but didn't really notice a difference.

It's nice to have the slots for the extra racks however one of the racks is the air basket which doesn't work like a normal rack, I don't really use it.  I saved one of my racks from the original and use that when needed.

The extra rack slot at the top brings you closer to the heat source so it does broil better than the original.

Honored Contributor

@rockygems123 why did you get it if you don't use the air fryer function?  Just curious..  I've never even used the pizza function on mine since I wasn't sure if that was for fresh pizza or frozen.  I figured it was for frozen, but I just use the info on the box when making pizza.  We usually just bring leftovers home from our local pizza place and reheat them though.  

I really only ever use bake or Turbo Convection.  I never had much luck with broil.  Most times I need that right after I have cooked something, so why should I have to go through preheat for that?  My upper coils also don't turn red, which made me wonder if broil was actually working.  

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess 

@Icegoddess wrote:

@rockygems123 why did you get it if you don't use the air fryer function?  Just curious..  I've never even used the pizza function on mine since I wasn't sure if that was for fresh pizza or frozen.  I figured it was for frozen, but I just use the info on the box when making pizza.  We usually just bring leftovers home from our local pizza place and reheat them though.  

I really only ever use bake or Turbo Convection.  I never had much luck with broil.  Most times I need that right after I have cooked something, so why should I have to go through preheat for that?  My upper coils also don't turn red, which made me wonder if broil was actually working.  

@Icegoddess 

My original was getting a little tired as I used it a lot.  

The XL broils much better than the original.  And as for air fryer function I have a Ninja Foodi air fryer & pressure cooker.

Honored Contributor

I just wanted to say this is an excellent countertop oven.  I've had mine for about two years or so, and I love it.  I use it daily; all the settings except Turbo Convection.

Honored Contributor

@D Kay wrote:

The info about the product states "Extra Large Capacity."

@D Kay , that doesn't necessarily mean it is larger inside than the original one.  It's just a description they use since the original one would also hold a 16" pizza.  So, it could just be extra large capacity vs a regular toaster oven. 

Respected Contributor

where do you guys store all of these ginormous do-everything kitchen appliances? I have a galley type kitchen, barely enough room to keep a small coffee maker on the counter and a crockpot in a cupboard 

Harmonize the World