Honored Contributor

Oster Oven questions

[ Edited ]

The manual says not to use foil on the crumb tray or the oven will get too hot. Can foil be used on a baking tray holding a Pyrex dish. I usually cover some of the foods I bake

(not with convection baking, with regular baking) with foil. For example I cover my ribs and brisquet when I bake them. I also cook my salmon in a little foil tent. I set the tent in 

any bake pan or cookie sheet.

Can you use aluminum baking pans set onto the baking pan that comes with this or on a rack.? Not set for convection bake.

Can you use silicone muffin pans set into the bigger baking pan that comes with this. This would not be set for convection bake. 

Respected Contributor

@Mindy D   I noted this caution not to put foil on the crumb tray and so I dont.  I take it out and brush off the crumbs when it cools.

I DO use foil or parchment paper to line a rimmed quarter sheet pan and I cover a lined 9 by 13 inch casserole (or other size) with foil without any problems.

I DO NOT put any cooking vessel or food directly on the crumb tray or the oven's floor--same as a full-size oven. 

I always use one of the metal racks provided by Oster

that are secured by slipping into the side grooves.

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Trusted Contributor

oster.JPG

Honored Contributor

Foil on the crumb tray probably impedes the circulation if air in the oven and could cause it to overheat.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment