Respected Contributor

Re: Oster Oven : How many watts QVC?

[ Edited ]

With a few host exceptions, QVC presentations seem to be more fluff than facts. You should not have to do research, they should present facts. Big on entertainment does not translate to big on sales.

Honored Contributor

The answer is included several times in the Q&A, if one cares enough to bother to read them.  1700 watts.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

@Othereeeen wrote:

@brandiwine 

I did a quick search by the manufacturers item number and can find nothing....QVC says it's a "World Launch" whatever that means.

They need to include this information with the product.

If YOU can find it, ,maybe you can post it?

they're saying it's a world launch because it's a newer model with the grill feature.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have last year's model, the 10-in-1 version -- it was $179.

I cannot believe this year's 11-in-1 version is because it comes with a grill pan, "so now you can grill in it."  Really?  

I already own a separate grill pan, and I've used it several times in my Oster.  So who knew?  I've had an 11-in-1 all this time. lol  

Both have 1700 watts.

Respected Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper 

I bought the same one last year. Do you think this new grill function means only the bottom.element heats up?  I just looked at my oven and don't think that's a possibility. When you use your grill pan does it heat up enough to get that sizzle & grill marks?

Honored Contributor

@rockygems123 wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper 

I bought the same one last year. Do you think this new grill function means only the bottom.element heats up?  I just looked at my oven and don't think that's a possibility. When you use your grill pan does it heat up enough to get that sizzle & grill marks?

@rockygems123  I put my grill pan (I cannot remember where I got it) in first to get it very hot.  I use the airfry option -- the bottom heating element also heats up red.  I also lay aluminum foil under the heating element, on top of the bottom removable tray.  That makes it easier to discard the excess food drippings and char.  I grill steaks, not much of a burger person.  Yes, I get grill marks.  I hope this helps.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@rockygems123 wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper 

@rockygems123  I put my grill pan (I cannot remember where I got it) in first to get it very hot.  I use the airfry option -- the bottom heating element also heats up red.  I also lay aluminum foil under the heating element, on top of the bottom removable tray.  That makes it easier to discard the excess food drippings and char.  I grill steaks, not much of a burger person.  Yes, I get grill marks.  I hope this helps.  Smiley Happy

@Caaareful Shopper 

Thank you for your great tips I will definitively try your method! 😀

Contributor

The listing here is Today's Special Value and all everyone is doing is complaining about the presenter.  what about the oven? Any thoughts, ya or nay?  Did anyone buy it?

Regular Contributor

I purchased yet hasn't shipped yet according to order status. I think this is one people began posting reviews on early before receiving and based on past models. Will post a review in near further as sure many will be doing also. Sorry am not able to speak to it yet 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It says you need 6" of space all the way around it, including the back. If you add 6" to the depth dimension, it might not be useable on counters under cabinetry. Kitchen counter average depth runs from 24.-25.5."  It is 19.3" long (depth measurement) + 6" required clearance =

25.3." It might not be useable on some under cabinet counter tops.