Regular Contributor

Years ago, they used to say that "the price will never be lower than The Todays Special Value"....... They don't say that anymore.  

Occasional Contributor

Sure I figured it would be on sale after I p[aid $199.96 as a TSV.  I did not expect to see it  as a TSV again at $50 less than it was last year when I bouight it as a TSV!

Honored Contributor
@eddyandme, QVC does sell customer returns as new. The same as other stores do. There is no law against it, other than perhaps cosmetics. I have received plenty of returns as new throughout the year .
Esteemed Contributor

@Tissyanne

I thought it would be against FCC rules/regs to present something as new on air when, actually, it's used - even if not used per se, once it's been sold to someone else and sent back, it's considered used.

If you bought a brand new car from a dealership and that vehicle's been returned, once it's been drivenn off the lot, it's used!

Frequent Contributor

I watched the early-morning Handbag Clearance show, and I couldn't believe it when I saw 3 B. Makowsky bags! One sold out.

Talk about old stock!

Honored Contributor

Re: Oryany TSV-shenanigans

[ Edited ]

@eddyandme wrote:

@Tissyanne

I thought it would be against FCC rules/regs to present something as new on air when, actually, it's used - even if not used per se, once it's been sold to someone else and sent back, it's considered used.

If you bought a brand new car from a dealership and that vehicle's been returned, once it's been drivenn off the lot, it's used!

@eddyandme, I don't think it is quite the same as selling a car that has been issued a title in someone's name, and re sold. I have shopped with QVC for many years, and yes, they can, and do send out clothing, handbags etc. as new, when in fact, they are customer returns. I have received plenty of them. Logo clothing in particular comes to mind. I received two sweaters just this past month, and both were clearly used. They are both on the way back to QVC. I hope you are doing well, and want to wish you a wonderful 2017. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Tissyanne wrote:

@eddyandme wrote:

@Tissyanne

@eddyandme, I don't think it is quite the same as selling a car that has been issued a title in someone's name, and re sold. I have shopped with QVC for many years, and yes, they can, and do send out clothing, handbags etc. as new, when in fact, they are customer returns. I have received plenty of them. Logo clothing in particular comes to mind. I received two sweaters just this past month, and both were clearly used. They are both on the way back to QVC. I hope you are doing well, and want to wish you a wonderful 2017. Smiley Happy

@Tissyanne

That's awful!  I thought all returns were sold "as is".  So now we don't know if we're getting new or used.  It'll make me think twice before ordering something that has been aired more than once or offered on waitlist!

Don't blame you for returning those items.  When I got the NuVision tablet, that company told me it was defective and to return; asked if I'd get a brand new one and only then was told no.  Since I don't want to pay for a new one and get a 'refurbished' one, I'm returning to QVC since it's defective.  Guess companies are sneaky nowadays.

Happy New Year to you too, Tissyanne!

Respected Contributor

I have this bag in the blue from when it was a TSV the first time. I like the bag but I don't want another. I am disappointed the bag is less money than last time. I think this was left-over stock. 

Super Contributor

I was definitely disappointed to see this as a TSV as it is clearly leftover stock or returns. Even when they had the jewelry clearance day the other day, the TSV was new -- they even made a point of saying that it (and the coordinating necklace and bracelets) were the only new items of the day. QVC could've easily done this with a D&Co TSV. Too bad, I think they've insulted a lot of viewers today.

Valued Contributor

Re: Oryany TSV-shenanigans

[ Edited ]

One of the first bags I ever bought from QVC was a return that was sold at full price. There was candy and makeup left in one of the pockets. 

I purchased this Oryany as a TSV last year and while I like it  I don't particularly like it being brought back multiple times for around $50  off the TSV price.