Not applicable

Don't buy Oro Nuovo. Have you noticed that when someone starts a thread asking questions about it QVC closes down the comments? I have attempted to answer questions others have about it. A true test of a product lasts more than 30 days. I purchased a pair of earrings a year ago and they are tarnished and won't come clean. I sent an email to QVC and this was their reply. What happened to the "Q" in QVC?

Hello Shelley,

Thank you for contacting QVC today!

I'm writing in response to your inquiry concerning the Oro Nuovo Earrings
from Order 424432XXXX. Unfortunately, this item does not meet our return
policy and is not covered by a manufacturer's warranty. I'm so sorry for
your disappointment.

We’re honored that you shop with us and hope to exceed your expectations in
the future!

Have a great day!

Regards,

Stephanie

Honored Contributor

So, based on one person's experience no one should buy a whole line? I don't think that way.

Right now David and Jacque are showing Joan Rivers jewelry. I once had a necklace spilled beads all over my livingroom as I took it out of its package. Yet thousands and thousands of pieces have been sold since that day.

Same with the other JR - I ordered 2 items in 2004 - was terribly disappointed with the quality and sent them back. Since then, thousands of lovers of her collection have been very happy.

In neither case would I tell others not to buy because I as one buyer wasn't happy.

Besides, the bulk of Oro Nuovo is just fine. Lots of us are just as satisfied as we are with most of the 2 JR's.

Honored Contributor

I won't buy Oro Nuovo. First, there isn't enough gold on it to last. It's no better than clad or plated. Second, I would rather save my money and have 1-2 nice pieces than 6 Oro Nuovo.

I have a friend from Italy. She laughs at how Q pushes Oro Nuovo and bronze. Italians consider it to be super cheap costume. It's definitely NOT "fresh from the fair" in Italy.

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't buy from this line either.

When they had the recent gold day I zeroed in on a pair of earrings that was a style I like very much. Then I saw that they are this Oro Nuovo line and I was out.

First of all, to anybody who would say that it's the same as any industry standard hollow gold manufacturing only filled with resin, it's NOT. Otherwise you wouldn't have a $99 price tag (which is still too much) for a pair of hoops that would otherwise cost $300, due to the amount of gold it would take to create a standard pair of hoops.

This has to be such super mega-thin amounts of gold that it could not stand without being filled with something, otherwise there would be no need to fill it.

As Calm stated, it's the same as something that is plated. I don't purchase any type of costume jewelry, though, so that is where my preferences lie.

Trusted Contributor

Hi Livin in Florida,

I bet your day today is better than here on LI!

This is not my type of jewelry, but I do appreciate the information.

Do the math.
Honored Contributor
""......a year ago....""?
Honored Contributor

Oro Nuovo is pretty much clad jewelry....it's a thin layer of gold over resin. Cheap costume if you ask me. If I want costume jewelry, I can find it locally for less.

Honored Contributor

darn...I missed seeing the last poster before responding.

Honored Contributor
I don't buy ANY Nuovo OR Bronzo because I don't like them. It is absolutely NONE of my business whether anyone else buys those products or not. Some people LOVE one or either of them, and they are entitled to enjoy them as they wish, without any negative comments from me. My OPINION is, I don't want to buy them. I do not have to use any subjective, negative language to express my opinion.
Valued Contributor
I have one pair of Oro Nuovo earrings, J292602, in Rose. It'll probably be my only purchase unless another pair really floats my boat in the future. I cannot wear costume jewelry except for brooches as the base metals trigger severe rashes and is often too heavy. I look at Oro Nuovo as another type of costume jewelry, geared toward those of us who can only tolerate precious metals. But I really love rose gold. I'm still debating getting a bronzo chain for my heavier pendants that require substantial metal too costly for a regular gold piece.