Frequent Contributor

What do y'all think of the Oreck special value today? Does it work? They have had a number of different brands of these....do you like this one? Price good?

Honored Contributor

Sorry don't know much about them. I do know they have some that use washable filters. I would hate to fork out money on the filters this one uses. I think I heard them say it had 3 different filters. I would look into the price of those & how often they need to be replaced.

Esteemed Contributor

I always have air purifiers in our home because I have a ton of allergies and have dogs. I find the larger models are the best. The smaller ones seem to fizzle out. I have a semi open floor plan so I need a purifier that really moves and cleans the air.

This model caught my attention because I like the style and size and power of it. My only hisitation is that you have to replace the filters. The timer is a great feature. I don't have that on the tow that I have now and I really miss it. (That is usally another $80 on the larger units). I prefer the permanent filter models but they also have the outer filter that needs replacing. My number one concern is the supplier for the filters. I've read that Oreck doesn't stock the filers for the QVC models and QVC only stocks them for a while. I wish they would address this question on air.

Now, I have searched on the internet and there are lots of generic filters for the different brands of air purifiers but not all of them. this is where I found my replacement filters for my current models.

If you purchase this model then I would suggest that you get the replacemtnt filter kit as well. This is what I ususally do and that gives you plenty of time to source the next set.

Honored Contributor

I've had two Oreck air purifiers over the years that were a different model from the one being sold. While I've been reasonably pleased with them, they do require regular maintenance, which I suppose they all do. It isn't onerous, but it is a pain in the neck. I also find that unless I catch replacement parts on sale, they can be pricey. I can't help in comparing this one to other brands or models. The price doesn't appear to be bad, but it also doesn't appear to be a fabulous deal either.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I bought one for my bedroom because it's not big enough for a larger area, but the replacement filters aren't too expensive. I have purchased a lot of air filters over the years and the replacement HEPA filters can be quite expensive. I have a larger Bionaire unit and it needs 2 HEPA filters that run $25 each every 6 months, as well as a carbon pre-filter that costs much less but needs to be replaced every 3 months. This unit is smaller and less powerful, but the filters cost about half those of my current unit, so that should hopefully work well in the bedroom.

I'll move the older Bionaire unit into the main living area where I have an identical older Bionaire unit that keeps shutting itself off.

Esteemed Contributor

Oreck:.......This particular brand is EXCELLENT!

The one filter can be easily washed/cleaned by soaking through clean warm water. Each filter WILL last longer than 6 months. 

The price is remarkable for its size and the amount of dust, animal dander and mites it attracts.

I purchased two for separate floors. 

The main factor of MY purchase was: the unit can be used for allergens as I sleep, no waking up to a congestive cough and red eyes from all debris floating through the room by the UNSEEN eye.

I have almost zero allergies, but with what IS inside one's home, there is no way that anyone can assume the amount of pollens, animal fur and dander, along with household dust lurking, even for the best of all Super Clean house hold cleaners ...out there, No Way! 

I can only surmise if anyone is having allergic ongoing symptoms when the pollens and tree and grasses start to creep through- soon!!!

Having been an owner of 6 Hunter air filters\w\ replacements needed at $49.00 per filters, THIS was a one great buy for me\ us today. Hand WASHER safe, then using again! 

Checked around! If this same Air Filter were to be purchased in store, the cost would be over $250.00.

Allergens are out and ready to be traveling, especially when someone one is asleep.

I have state of the art ( so called tight windows costing a small fortune) protection, and still, all, if not most, find their way into my respiratory tract. I cannot imagine someone being allergic to grasses and tree pollens. ??????!!!!

Take a look at your parked outdoor car! Feast your eyes on the green\ yellow culprits that will and can make your seasonal allergy days miserably very uncomfortable. Breathe in, ahhh...Nooooo!

Have a wonderful 2- 4 months....it's coming!

Lucky for you, the few who have 0 allergy to anything.

Honored Contributor

Several years ago they featured reviews of these home air purifiers in Consumer Digest.  Basically they said they clean the air the way an empty tabletop cleans the air.  Dust a lights on it and is gone from the air.  I researched really serious big room air cleaners and they cost hundreds of dollars so I always figured these thing they sell on TV are just a gimmick.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment