Contributor

While it looks fabulous and I want it, my little bit of looking tells me that there's an OptiGrill PLUS available. This isn't the model offered on QVC (the basic model is the TSV). The difference, it seems, is that the Plus model has 4 different manual cooking temperatures enabling better grilling of veggies and other foods.

As much as i want it, I'll wait for the Plus model to be offered since I've been burned before purchasing something and then seeing an upgraded model offered months later (Versa cooker with additional goodies, cough, cough).

I hope my little bit of research is helpful to others. Cat Very Happy

We must be the change we want to see. M. Gandhi.
Frequent Contributor

Thank you so much for your note.  I see the Plus at BB&Y.  The upside is coupons and no shipping while getting  the newer version with the temperature control.  Many recipes online I see.  I appreciate your information

Esteemed Contributor

I have the optigrill with the teflon plates; I love it but I wish I had the ceramic.  It's a pleasure cooking on it.  I'm not sure exactly what the temperature gauge on manual allows you to do but I've used the manual setting on mine at times and had no problem judging when something was cooked.  I bought mine on sale so I didn't pay full price. 

I haven't tried veggies yet but I have cooked steak, chicken, frozen items, burgers, hot dogs, etc.  I don't like grilled cheese on it though.  Everything else was great.

Please let us know what the new feature does when you get it. 

Respected Contributor
The TSV has the manual setting for one fixed temp. The BBB has an adjustable temp, but for the deal and ceramic plates, I got the TSV.
Regular Contributor
The ceramic plates were the "dealmaker" for me. If the BB&B version had the same, I might have chosen it, but I'm not in the market for anything Teflon.
Respected Contributor
Bluecage, ME TOO! I can deal with cooking the veggies, since I can grill them in my Rangemate in the microwave or roast them in my counter top oven. I was already looking at an Oster Ceramic grill that was much smaller and just a few heats. This is worth the price difference.