Esteemed Contributor

Re: Opinions on Choco Nuevo by Andrew Lessman

@Ladygray wrote:

I appreciate everyone's thoughts.  

Nothing is as good as See's.  LOL!

I think I will go for a smaller size and try the 74%.   I live in a hotter climate in the West and it's still 100 degrees here!   Hope the chocolate won't melt on my porch or mailbox while I'm at work.  Yikes.

I don't eat much sugar anymore, except for a dessert treat around my b-day and the holidays... so I thought this would be a nice substitute and good for me to boot.

I ordered this a couple of years ago when he was selling it during hot weather. they made a pretty big deal about using the fastest shipping method available and packaging it to prevent melting. it was packaged with several ice packs, all of which were melted. all the chocolate was completely melted too. I contacted HSN and they immediately refunded me.

they learned a valuable lesson, I guess, because I heard him mention this morning that they cannot ship this product during hot weather.

if it's that hot where you live, it might be a concern.

it's excellent chocolate though, and very low in sugar.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Laura14 Not kidding! I had a notice in the email that FedEx was delivering something from ProCaps, so when I saw the truck, I went out and asked the gal if she opened and tried any of my chocolate! Smiley LOL She said: "Now you tell me!" Smiley Happy. Almost opened the box right there so she could try it. Heart That's how I convert so many people to his chocolate.

I live on the west coast where it has been quite warm, so perhaps that is the reason for the faster-than-usual shipping source. I remember the year he tried to ship in the summer as an experiment, but quickly stopped it, as he had to refund a lot of the shipments due to heat. Makes sense. He probably wasn't taking any chances with the possibility of warm weather in certain areas of the country this time.

Honored Contributor

I should have bought the 30 piece to try them all in the beginning.  I went with the 91 and I use it for baking and making hot chocolate and works perfectly for that.

I am trying a 30 count in the 66% this time to see if I like it.  

I will try the 74% if I don't like the 66%.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

How big are the pieces?  Do you get it for the chocolate mostly or the plant sterols?

Any why is this better than just taking a pill and eating whatever chocolate you like?  

I eat it because of the plant sterols, it's delicious, and it satisfies my craving for chocolate without the sugar.

they are one bite. or two very small bites if you're trying to prolong the experience Smiley Happy

85053DB1-B002-46B2-9DE3-F9BB7E0FC98B_1_201_a.jpeg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

I think they taste the best when you don't bite into them, but just let them melt in your mouth. Heart

Respected Contributor

I love European dark chocolate, so my favorite is the 91%.  I always have that in the house and the 74% with the coffee as well. That one is delicious too with a light coffee crunch. I eat 1-2 pieces a day.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

OMG this stuff is sooo good. So good that I probably won't buy more! Woman LOL

66% is like milk chocolate, 74% is the perfect dark chocolate imo- and the 91% is too bitter for me. I once tried the 91%, figuring I'd be less tempted to go over the suggested  2 per day. But I didn't like them at all so I returned them for the 74%. 

They were great to have with me at work when everyone else in the office starting with snacks. I'll probably order them again when work gets back to 'normal'. 

Esteemed Contributor

I order the 74% and love it. I always buy the largest quantity. I bought it today. I only purchase his vitamins because I think the ingredients are excellent quality. Andrew cares about keeping his customer base happy.

Respected Contributor

I have quite a stock of the coffee flavored ones. Like it very much but have to be careful about not over eating it. One piece = 1 point on my WW Program. Purchased their cookbook yesterday to get some ideas for cooking with it. I don’t eat it for the plant steroids
Honored Contributor

Does anyone eat it for the plant sterols, and how has it affected your cholesterol, that would be more important to me than the taste.