Honored Contributor

Re: Once again...same old colors in TSV

[ Edited ]

I thought the colors are a nice variety. There is a light ice pink, white, basic black and what they are calling some shade of blue looks more like a deeper lilac purple to me.

I cannot imagine this shirt in a brown maybe because I'm not a plain brown fan and don't own a plain brown top of any kind.  I think maybe in a lighter gray, this would look way too casual and sporty and that wasn't the look Isaac was going for. 

I do think something in the stone, sand, taupe color family would have been nice.  I personally am not a fan of the green. I just don't really wear green clothes though either.       

I just cannot get behind the thinking that if you like brighter colors, you aren't sophisticated.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I thought the colors are a nice variety. There is a light ice pink, white, basic black and what they are calling some shade of blue looks more like a deeper lilac purple to me.

I cannot imagine this shirt in a brown maybe because I'm not a plain brown fan and don't own a plain brown top of any kind.  I think maybe in a lighter gray, this would look way too casual and sporty and that wasn't the look Isaac was going for. 

I do think something in the stone, sand, taupe color family would have been nice.  I personally am not a fan of the green. I just don't really wear green clothes though either.       

I just cannot get behind the thinking that if you like brighter colors, you aren't sophisticated.

@Lipstickdiva  Agreed. 

In addition, that comment by the OP about what color makes you sophisticated was a bit silly, IMO.  I like a wide array of colors, least of which are pastels because they just don't look good on me with my complexion.  I was born & raised in NY, worked literally on 5th Avenue for a while; now live and work in metro Washington, DC.  Of course, all of that means nothing about whether I'm sophisticated or not.

I don't buy Logo clothes much (I do have two tops that I love), but I think Lori Goldstein has the best selection of colors for me, I love her solid colors. 

Respected Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

I have no idea what colors you all want, but it sounded as if the early viewers liked what was being offered.  

Works for me because I don't do well in black, white, mauve, or any color that casts gray. 

@millieshops The colors that don't work for you are my GO TO shades!  And that's why they can't please all of us......!

I did not like the way the white one looked on Jennifer  - like an apron draped over her front, very see-through.

Honored Contributor

I have been told by a friend who is a stylist, that I am a winter.  Bright colors look best on me and I agree w/ her!  LOL 

For this reason, I own zero pastels.  Just so washed out looking on me.  I have to pass on so much Logo I would love because IMHO, she uses a majority of pastel colors....very soft and muted.

I think this TSV has a wonderful variety of colors...a couple brights and a couple pastels.

Honored Contributor

Isn't this a repeat shirt of his? I've seen this design here before maybe by somebody else. Nothing special but FINALLY a great pricetag! And buy more than one, $4.00 off to boot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Respected Contributor

Not a big fan of peplum tops but that's because they look ridiculous on me. 

But the idea that brighter colors = not sophisticated is downright stupid. Warmer weather is coming, well it's taking its time in a lot of places, but it will be here for a lot of us and that's when the bright shades are all over the place and ladies want to look happy and cool at the same time.  I prefer pastels and muted colors (which is why I love LOGO) but I also like sunny yellows, lime greens, hot pinks, and bright aquas too. Life would be boring if we followed the OP's "rules." I do not get some of the outright ridiculous snobbery when it comes to clothes on this board. 

Honored Contributor

I thought the white looked great on Jennifer.  It made me want to order it.  

Honored Contributor

It looks similar to the one I purchased last summer...

A290866   However, that had short sleeves.  This description says elbow length...it does look longer in the sleeves.  Other than that...looks like the same shirt.

I paid $29.94 back then for my short sleeve version.  Still available at $33.50 

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I can't either, @Lipstickdiva. The entire post felt like more of a dig at anyone who dare wear colors more than a request for more neutrals.

Trusted Contributor

@Cumbercookie13 wrote:

Not a big fan of peplum tops but that's because they look ridiculous on me. 

But the idea that brighter colors = not sophisticated is downright stupid. Warmer weather is coming, well it's taking its time in a lot of places, but it will be here for a lot of us and that's when the bright shades are all over the place and ladies want to look happy and cool at the same time.  I prefer pastels and muted colors (which is why I love LOGO) but I also like sunny yellows, lime greens, hot pinks, and bright aquas too. Life would be boring if we followed the OP's "rules." I do not get some of the outright ridiculous snobbery when it comes to clothes on this board. 

My comment was to say that we see these colors all the time in TSV's and other tops that designers offer. I am not equating that if one like bright colors, that they are not sophisticated. I love bright colors, but how about offering different hues like Logo does. Her orange colors are gorgeous and her blues, greens, yellows, gold,taupes and greys are earthy and interesting. That is what I am attempting to say.